• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ichiro

nate

3 hours ago, True Grich said:

Kenny Lofton may have been a better all-around player - but he was not a better hitter, IMO.

A huge portion of Ichiro's hits were weak rollers to the IF he could  beat out.  He wasn't the hitter Gwynn or Carew were in the sense they would adjust their swings to seemingly place the ball wherever they wanted.  I think an argument could be made he may have done it the way he did because it worked and why fix what's not broken..... it's part of what made him so very different. 

Personally I think he was the better singles hitter, but IMHO Lofton was a superior hitter in general.   Fwiw, I genuinely view his one and done HOF appearance as being as ridiculously stupid as Grich's so.... I may be biased here.

Both guys were HOfers IMO.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

Kenny Lofton was better. 

Not a lot, but the numbers give him the edge defensively.   Ichiro's numbers would look a bit better if you traded his 25 & 26 year old seasons for the last three.  

The difference in Hall of Fame votes is going to be immense.  Weird how that happens. 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

A huge portion of Ichiro's hits were weak rollers to the IF he could  beat out.

IP - Because I believe you wouldn't say something just to say it - I'd really like to see this qualified some how to emphasize this idea.  I'd like to know if the perception actually matches the facts.  Again - not doubting you because you just don't throw things up against the wall and hope it sticks.  I'm really curious to see what this actually looks like via a spray chart or whatever means one can use to qualified that.  I tried to look and see if something existed, but I failed in my attempts to find something.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

IP - Because I believe you wouldn't say something just to say it - I'd really like to see this qualified some how to emphasize this idea.  I'd like to know if the perception actually matches the facts.  Again - not doubting you because you just don't throw things up against the wall and hope it sticks.  I'm really curious to see what this actually looks like via a spray chart or whatever means one can use to qualified that.  I tried to look and see if something existed, but I failed in my attempts to find something.

@True Grich Check out the stuff that guy has done graphs for on his twitter -- truly cool stuff..   That Ichiro one seemed tailor made for your request!.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Ichiro's retirement brought back so many fun memories about the Mariners.

I especially love the 2010 season, when Ichiro got 214 hits, but scored only 74 times, while Mark Reynolds scored 79 times with 99 hits(.199 BA).

Russell Branyan led the team in HR with 15, Franklin Gutierrez led the team in RBI with 64.

Felix Hernandez had his best season(250 IP, 2.27 ERA) and won 13 games. They also had Cliff Lee, Doug Fister, Jason Vargas in their rotation, and lost 101 games.

What made it so sweet was that the fans were talking smack because they signed Chone Figgins from us that season.

45 minutes ago, moccasin said:

Ichiro's retirement brought back so many fun memories about the Mariners.

I especially love the 2010 season, when Ichiro got 214 hits, but scored only 74 times, while Mark Reynolds scored 79 times with 99 hits(.199 BA).

Russell Branyan led the team in HR with 15, Franklin Gutierrez led the team in RBI with 64.

Felix Hernandez had his best season(250 IP, 2.27 ERA) and won 13 games. They also had Cliff Lee, Doug Fister, Jason Vargas in their rotation, and lost 101 games.

What made it so sweet was that the fans were talking smack because they signed Chone Figgins from us that season.

but the Mariners