• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani

15 minutes ago, stormngt said:

One big question mark about Ohtani.  How much does the two way player thing breaks down his health?  He already had surgery and it is very possible his body breaks down quicker than others.

Who knows. 

But to be fair, his arm was already hurt when we got him. And anyone throwing like he does seems to need TJ. So i dont know how much the hitting has to do with it.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

In 1970, saw him hit an absolute bomb off of Andy Messersmith at the Big A.    Ball landed waaaaaay beyond the LF fence (maybe 470 feet?).  

I saw him hit a HR into the upper deck in the LF upper deck one handed. There is only a few feet of upper deck in fair territory at Dodger Stadium...

On 3/20/2019 at 10:50 PM, Lou said:

The only baseball player whose stature amazed me was Frank Thomas. 

Then there's Shaq. Holy crap.

Agree, one time I had field seats by 1B for a CWS game at Anaheim. Thomas was one big dude.

The big thing with Ohtani will be if he gets back to pitching at the level he was.  If he does, and he is able to DH more often (before and after a start) then his value will be through the roof.

He is still young so it would make sense for him to get better, which is insanity.  Exciting times for the future of the Angels.

I think the only thing that can hold him back is injuries. He’s already shown that he has the skills to be a star. As long as he stays healthy, he’ll be extremely productive for years to come. His value will be more complicated to figure out, but the Angels won’t let him leave either.