• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels lose; Albert Pujols commits 3 errors in 1 inning

THE GAME: The Angels lost 7-2 to the Cleveland Indians on Saturday afternoon at Tempe Diablo Stadium, where the Angels have played before two consecutive sell-out crowds. The crowd was announced at 9,693 on Saturday.

PITCHING REPORT: RHP Trevor Cahill gave up four runs, two earned, in four innings, on 78 pitches. Cahill gave up two runs in the first, but then settled down for two clean innings. He gave up two unearned runs in the fourth. “He was a little bit out of whack mechanically early in the game,” Manager Brad Ausmus said.”You could tell he was getting frustrated with it. He could see what he was doing wrong and was having trouble correcting it during the game.”.… RHPs Luis Garcia and Dan Jennings each pitched one scoreless inning.

HITTING REPORT: The Angels did not have a baserunner through the first three innings against Mike Clevinger, a former Angels prospect. In the fourth, Kole Calhoun walked and Mike Trout singled. Trout scored on an Andrelton Simmons bloop into center. He charged from first to third on the hit, and then scored – running through a stop sign from third base coach Mike Gallego – after Indians center fielder Oscar Mercado made an error. “I thought he was waving me, and then I don’t know if he put his hand up but I kept going,” Trout said. “It was in between. Sometimes you’ve just got to turn the gas on? Do you always stop at a yellow light?… Taylor Ward had two singles.

DEFENSE REPORT: 1B Albert Pujols made three errors in the fourth inning, including two on one play. He mishandled one routine bouncer. Then he bobbled another bouncer, for one error, and then swatted the ball into foul territory as he tried to shovel it to first, for a second error. Earlier in the game, Pujols showed some nice footwork to take a wide throw from 3B Ward with his foot on the bag…. SS Andrelton Simmons made a diving stop over the middle to start a double play, immediately after Pujols’ double-error… Ward later made a throwing error, his sixth error of the spring. Ward has spent just under 12 months learning to play third, after being a catcher.

UP NEXT: Angels (RHP Matt Harvey) vs Padres (TBD), 1 p.m., Peoria Sports Complex

View the full article