• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dont hold your breath on an Angels-Arenado signing next year

WeatherWonk

2 hours ago, floplag said:

In a time where i hoped they would be more aggressive and make use of the assets we have, they pulled back and went the complete other way.   

What assets? I don't want to trade away prospects or cripple the team with another horrible contract.

Eppler is doing exactly what he should be doing considering the circumstances. He's getting low risk-high reward guys giving the team a possibility to win if everything goes right, and not sacrifice the future in the process.

I think he's going to be doing this until the Pujols nightmare is finally over then you'll start to see him be more aggressive.

Thank you for that clarification.  Admittedly some here would and thats probably fair. 
In a time where i hoped they would be more aggressive and make use of the assets we have, they pulled back and went the complete other way.   

I wouldn't say they pulled back and went the complete other way.  That would have meant spending no money and handing all the jobs over to prospects and scrubs.  They didn't do that.  

Could they go out and grab a guy like Moustakas?  Sure, I think it's fair to question why they haven't.  But I understand the logic of not pursuing guys like Keuchel, Kimbrel, Machado and Harper.  Each with their own reasons.  

BTW, and this will get you going, I heard that the Angels were only willing to entertain 4 years for Corbin.  

3 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

What assets? I don't want to trade away prospects or cripple the team with another horrible contract.

Eppler is doing exactly what he should be doing considering the circumstances. He's getting low risk-high reward guys giving the team a possibility to win if everything goes right, and not sacrifice the future in the process.

I think he's going to be doing this until the Pujols nightmare is finally over then you'll start to see him be more aggressive.

You mean aside from the best player on the planet and perhaps the top all around SS both of which could possibly be gone before we act?  Not to mention one of the better LF?  This team isnt devoid of talent you know.
And im sorry but the Pujols thing is a gross over statement and im sick of seeing it as an excuse.  One bad contract shouldnt be crippling us.
No matter, its moot, the path is chosen, but its a far cry from what i was hoping for.    

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I wouldn't say they pulled back and went the complete other way.  That would have meant spending no money and handing all the jobs over to prospects and scrubs.  They didn't do that.  

Could they go out and grab a guy like Moustakas?  Sure, I think it's fair to question why they haven't.  But I understand the logic of not pursuing guys like Keuchel, Kimbrel, Machado and Harper.  Each with their own reasons.  

BTW, and this will get you going, I heard that the Angels were only willing to entertain 4 years for Corbin.  

I actually agree with most of this, and Corbin was never all that to me so thats not moving my needle so to speak in the slightest.  I was never overly fond of this crop of pitchers and felt most were overrated.  Pitching wise my targets  would have been next year.   This was the year we should have moved on offense in my view. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

You mean aside from the best player on the planet and perhaps the top all around SS both of which could possibly be gone before we act?  Not to mention one of the better LF?  This team isnt devoid of talent you know.
And im sorry but the Pujols thing is a gross over statement and im sick of seeing it as an excuse.  One bad contract shouldnt be crippling us.
No matter, its moot, the path is chosen, but its a far cry from what i was hoping for.    

It’s not crippling us.   Not having a farm the last several years crippled us much more. 

3 hours ago, floplag said:

I actually agree with most of this, and Corbin was never all that to me so thats not moving my needle so to speak in the slightest.  I was never overly fond of this crop of pitchers and felt most were overrated.  Pitching wise my targets  would have been next year.   This was the year we should have moved on offense in my view. 

If we moved on offense this off season then we wouldn’t be able to move on pitching next off season.  

are those potential moves on offense within the confines of the budget?