• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler & Ohtani speech at BBWAA AL ROY ceremony

Chuck

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Billy still not comfortable in front of crowds either.  

Nice job by Shohei.  

Not at all -- fidgets like a mofo...  Once again, Billy seems very cognizant of the importance of Shohei's parents, which is cool IMO.   

Amazing to see how far Shohei's English has come around.

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Billy still not comfortable in front of crowds either.  

Nice job by Shohei.  

Yep. I think that's one of the reasons why he hasn't been up for attending and speaking at our past fanfests since he became our GM. 

He's definitely no Dipoto when it comes to being in front of a crowd of people and coming across eloquently. 

That said, I'd rather have a Trout type interview and talent as GM than a people pleaser and shitty results on the field. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I thought Billy did ok, but then again I assume the real smart ones are going to be a little socially awkward.  

In all my years working on computer/software engineering, there's a lot of truth to this statement. ^

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

One of my good friends is an actuary but he’s the exact opposite of what you’d think.  He’s got a bigger than life personality.   He’s smart, obviously, and very funny.  

He's definitely in the minority.

I used to work in the product development department of a major life insurance company.  We worked with actuaries all the time.  Most were introverts, but there were a few who were not.  Those were the ones who would get promoted to higher managerial positions.

14 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

He's definitely in the minority.

I used to work in the product development department of a major life insurance company.  We worked with actuaries all the time.  Most were introverts, but there were a few who were not.  Those were the ones who would get promoted to higher managerial positions.

I've noticed that where I work.  It takes a introvert type to do that kind of number crunching.  When new rates are being created, they never come out of their office.  

27 minutes ago, NotMyCat said:

I've noticed that where I work.  It takes a introvert type to do that kind of number crunching.  When new rates are being created, they never come out of their office.  

Give them a PC with Excel so they can create a spreadsheet and they're in heaven.