Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

Eppler & Ohtani speech at BBWAA AL ROY ceremony


Chuckster70

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Billy still not comfortable in front of crowds either.  

Nice job by Shohei.  

Not at all -- fidgets like a mofo...  Once again, Billy seems very cognizant of the importance of Shohei's parents, which is cool IMO.   

Amazing to see how far Shohei's English has come around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Billy still not comfortable in front of crowds either.  

Nice job by Shohei.  

Yep. I think that's one of the reasons why he hasn't been up for attending and speaking at our past fanfests since he became our GM. 

He's definitely no Dipoto when it comes to being in front of a crowd of people and coming across eloquently. 

That said, I'd rather have a Trout type interview and talent as GM than a people pleaser and shitty results on the field. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

One of my good friends is an actuary but he’s the exact opposite of what you’d think.  He’s got a bigger than life personality.   He’s smart, obviously, and very funny.  

He's definitely in the minority.

I used to work in the product development department of a major life insurance company.  We worked with actuaries all the time.  Most were introverts, but there were a few who were not.  Those were the ones who would get promoted to higher managerial positions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

He's definitely in the minority.

I used to work in the product development department of a major life insurance company.  We worked with actuaries all the time.  Most were introverts, but there were a few who were not.  Those were the ones who would get promoted to higher managerial positions.

I've noticed that where I work.  It takes a introvert type to do that kind of number crunching.  When new rates are being created, they never come out of their office.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, NotMyCat said:

I've noticed that where I work.  It takes a introvert type to do that kind of number crunching.  When new rates are being created, they never come out of their office.  

Give them a PC with Excel so they can create a spreadsheet and they're in heaven.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...