• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Californians may not be able to fly after Jan. 22 without special ID

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

The federal govt. has also warned the DMV that their procedures for issuing the "Real ID" are inadequate.

Get ready for a real snafu.

https://abc7.com/travel/millions-of-californians-may-be-unable-to-fly-starting-jan-22-without-extra-id/5040514/

i don't get what the problem is. i wish they'd give more info, but perhaps it has to do with security features that they don't want to reveal, in which case it makes sense not to disclose what the problem is. 

i have an appointment at the end of the month to renew my license and get a Real ID. I hope they have it resolved by then. I'm flying to washington DC in March with a group of students - it'll suck if this isn't resolved by then.

So I looked up Nevada Real Id requirements, and they say they are certified.  The only difference between Calolfornia and Nevada is in Nevada you have to supply 2 documents proving residency (utility bill, bank statement, etc) where Calolfornia you needed one.  If that is what is holding this up, then the entire staff at the DMV should be fired.   

36 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So I looked up Nevada Real Id requirements, and they say they are certified.  The only difference between Calolfornia and Nevada is in Nevada you have to supply 2 documents proving residency (utility bill, bank statement, etc) where Calolfornia you needed one.  If that is what is holding this up, then the entire staff at the DMV should be fired.   

This is what is holding it up, they were told back in November.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/28/us/california-dmv-real-id.html

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

i got my renewal notice at the end of november. tried to schedule an appointment online in glendale, and the earliest time available was in late march.

ended up getting a late january appointment in pasadena.

the system is insane.

I got my appointment within 2 weeks