• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Torridd

2 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I keep reading here that management is waiting until 2020 to make any big moves. What's significant about that year?

Really?  Can you link me to that? 

I've seen lot of people saying they think they team will be better positioned to wait and give the farm time, but I've not seen anyone actually point to anything from a team source saying the team is waiting until 2020.

So, if anyone can point to an official source stating point blank the team is waiting until 2020, I'd appreciate seeing that -- would make for a lot less speculation.

Nothing. As I see it, is mostly about prospect maturation. 2020 will see a nice wave of talent ready for the majors (or more ready than they are now). In particular Adell and Canning, but also Suarez, Rengifo, Ward, Thaiss, Jones, Marsh, Sandoval. We might see cups of coffee from a lot of these guys in 2019, and even some strong contributions, but it won't be until 2020 that we start seeing them take regular gigs.

33 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Nothing. As I see it, is mostly about prospect maturation. 2020 will see a nice wave of talent ready for the majors (or more ready than they are now). In particular Adell and Canning, but also Suarez, Rengifo, Ward, Thaiss, Jones, Marsh, Sandoval. We might see cups of coffee from a lot of these guys in 2019, and even some strong contributions, but it won't be until 2020 that we start seeing them take regular gigs.

Adding to this because it sums up most of my view...

A lot will come into focus during or after the 2020 season. We will hopefully have an idea about Trout’s future. Pujols will either be retired or with a year left. Calhoun and Cozart will be off books. Skaggs, Simmons hit FA or face extensions. Ohtani extension talk will be coming into focus. 

The next couple years are to me, less about what we’ve been chasing to do with Trout, and more about what we can accomplish in years to come, with or without Trout.