• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RIP Ray Manzarek

Ray was always telling it like it is.

His interview, as part of the 1991 Ed Sullivan retrospective special on CBS, was classic.   He tells everyone how the CBS censors asked that they (calling them boys) not use the word "higher" during the on the air rendition of "Light My Fire".    He mentioned how they hated being called "boys" by the censors, and then how Jim looked at the other members and said "I'm not changing it", and then they all said that they shouldn't change it then.  

After they had performed and went backsage, the censors said "We had you booked for SIX more Ed Sullivan shows and you will NEVER perform on it again!"  

Jim then in his classic way told the censors "Hey man, we just did the Ed Sullivan Show", knowing that once was all it would take to bring their music to millions.   

Unlike the Stones (giving in and singing Let's spend some time together instead of Let's spend the night together), the Doors didn't give in to censors.   Mad props to this day!

R.I.P. Ray