• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels Offseason Options: Lance Lynn

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

What about Keuchel? We dont discuss him much, perhaps because we assume he will be overpaid. But he is a guy who can eat innings, has been above average 4 out of the last 5 years, and is only 30. If his price tag is somewhere in the range of 4/60, he might be a decent option.

Someone else mentioned this but maybe signing the pitching coach gives us an edge to a guy like Keuchel or maybe a guy like Tony Sipp.  

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

What about Keuchel? We dont discuss him much, perhaps because we assume he will be overpaid. But he is a guy who can eat innings, has been above average 4 out of the last 5 years, and is only 30. If his price tag is somewhere in the range of 4/60, he might be a decent option.

Uhhh, no.

He’s going to be closer to 4/80 and someone may even give him a 5th year. 

I think he’s shown some signs of decline (velo wise) that are concerning. 

29 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Uhhh, no.

Not sure I agree. His ERA+ the last 3 years combined is 106. His k/9 last year was a relatively poor 6.7, way down from the 8.4 it was his Cy Young year.  And he hasn't been a model of durability. I'd be surprised to see him get that much.

56 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Not sure I agree. His ERA+ the last 3 years combined is 106. His k/9 last year was a relatively poor 6.7, way down from the 8.4 it was his Cy Young year.  And he hasn't been a model of durability. I'd be surprised to see him get that much.

Jake Arrieta was a year older than Keuchel is now and he got 3/75. I think Keuchel’s AAV will be around 20M

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Jake Arrieta was a year older than Keuchel is now and he got 3/75. I think Keuchel’s AAV will be around 20M

I know you’re just using him as an example but didn’t Arrieta always have a pretty tantalizing upside that Keuchel has never quite had ? 

I know that Keuchel’s actual performance is better then Arrieta’s was. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

13 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Uhhh, no.

I agree wit you on the 4 year 80 is likely his baseline, as far as his decline...he's never been a power ball pitcher. He's your typical junk ball pitcher. As long as he continues to keep hitters off balance I think that contract will pay off.