• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cookie Policy Tab

Blarg

Question

Not sure if it's related but I've have a large number of browser hijacks starting up around the same time as this tab showing up. On My Mac I have been prompted to enter my password ("Apple would like to make changes to your computer, please enter your password") and then Safari crashes when I click cancel. This might not be the site causing that one though.

33 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Not sure if it's related but I've have a large number of browser hijacks starting up around the same time as this tab showing up. On My Mac I have been prompted to enter my password ("Apple would like to make changes to your computer, please enter your password") and then Safari crashes when I click cancel. This might not be the site causing that one though.

That could be an attempt to hack into your system.

Don't enter your password!

13 hours ago, Lou said:

Enough already!

i haven't seen it on my mobile device or desktop for 4 days now. 

You still getting it @Lou?

Try clearing your Safari browser cache/cookies on your iPhone. After logging back in after clearing cache/cookies, you should get the cookie policy once. Accept it. You shouldn't get it again thereafter. I did that last week and it worked for me. 

On 10/7/2018 at 4:59 AM, Lou said:

I dont use Safari. I cleared everything at it's back.

So my question is, why is this the only site I've ever used that this occurs? It's beyond annoying. 

@Lou if you clear cache/cookies it's expected to prompt you until you acknowledge it. Once you do that, it should go away. I did that a week and a half ago and it was gone for good. 

If it's still happening after you've done all of the above, I will need to troubleshoot more on my end and get back to you. 

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

That's by design. 

then why instruct us to do it? ftr, I've stopped reading the site when I only have my phone. 

so again I ask . . . why is this the only site I've ever used that this occurs?

15 hours ago, Lou said:

then why instruct us to do it? ftr, I've stopped reading the site when I only have my phone. 

so again I ask . . . why is this the only site I've ever used that this occurs?

I will submit a ticket to the forum software support team..I thought the change I made fixed it as I haven't seen it return on my smartphone since.

Trying to troubleshoot this with the support team, 

@Blarg @Jay @AngelsLakersFan @fan_since79 or anyone else who experienced this issue, can you let me know two things:

1. Are you still seeing this issue as first reported?

2. What type of smartphone and browser were you using when you did see the issue if resolved now, or currently happening. I know that @Lou has an iPhone and using Safari. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Trying to troubleshoot this with the support team, 

@Blarg @Jay @AngelsLakersFan @fan_since79 or anyone else who experienced this issue, can you let me know two things:

1. Are you still seeing this issue as first reported?

2. What type of smartphone and browser were you using when you did see the issue if resolved now, or currently happening. I know that @Lou has an iPhone and using Safari. 

I haven't been seeing the Cookie Policy tab