• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cookie Policy Tab

Blarg

Question

@Chuckster70 the cookie problem cleared up since your mod.

Running Android on Samsung Galaxy 7. 

Running latest Android software on a Huwaei tablet. 

Both systems I cleared cache, cookies and browsing history, only leaving password log in untouched. Logged back into Angelswin and clicked on cookies tab and accepted and it's gone. 

@Lou if you haven't had to log to Angelswin after cleaning your browser you may have AW as a protected site that never dumps its cookies. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

The cookie tab is back, again. This is truly a bullshit piece of programming  nonsense that obviously was demanded by lawyers. 

I have this disabled at the website level to pop-up, @Blarg so I'm not prompted for this anymore. 

That said, you might want to perform the following two steps on your browser (Chrome) to alleviate this for good. 

Google Chrome: Block Pop-Ups
  1. To the right of the browser address field, click the three horizontal lines.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Click Show Advanced Settings.
  4. Under Pop-ups, choose Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended).
Here's how to enable cookies for all browsers so that you're not bugged going forward:

53 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Just get rid of this damn thing already. It serves no purpose than make a lawyer feel like he has done his responsibility to annoy the shit out of everyone. 

It's off at the forum level settings, so it's not us causing this issue. Check your browser settings.

I haven't seen the cookie policy tab for months since I eliminated it. 

Hey guys, when I get back home from Texas I'll take a deeper look. My pops just got a new hip so I'm helping out this week.

I eliminated the cookie policy popup from the forum software at the admin panel level, but perhaps there's something still in the code that is causing this to happen still for some.

I haven't seen the popup in a few months now across all my devices and laptop so I thought it was a closed case that was strictly a browser only issue.

On 2/21/2019 at 10:30 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Hey guys, when I get back home from Texas I'll take a deeper look. My pops just got a new hip so I'm helping out this week.

I eliminated the cookie policy popup from the forum software at the admin panel level, but perhaps there's something still in the code that is causing this to happen still for some.

I haven't seen the popup in a few months now across all my devices and laptop so I thought it was a closed case that was strictly a browser only issue.

Any update? My Cookie Policy tab randomly reappeared a few days ago.