• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday 9/7 Angels @ White Sox (Upton back)

The time it'll take for Shohei to be ready fully participat offensively is 4-6 months post-op. At least that's what has been reported. 

If he gets the operation in October, worst case scenario is he'll miss all of Spring Training, which will probably screw him up for all of April and part of May. Best case scenario, he's ready to go 100% in Spring Training. Middle of the road suggests that he probably only gets half a Spring Training in. As I understand, a Japanese players typically aren't going 100% on anything in Soring Training, so it probably doesn't hurt him. 

Still, I think if it were me, I'd want him to get the surgery now, just to be safe. 

4 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

The time it'll take for Shohei to be ready fully participat offensively is 4-6 months post-op. At least that's what has been reported. 

If he gets the operation in October, worst case scenario is he'll miss all of Spring Training, which will probably screw him up for all of April and part of May. Best case scenario, he's ready to go 100% in Spring Training. Middle of the road suggests that he probably only gets half a Spring Training in. As I understand, a Japanese players typically aren't going 100% on anything in Soring Training, so it probably doesn't hurt him. 

Still, I think if it were me, I'd want him to get the surgery now, just to be safe. 

Has Ohtani agreed yet to have surgery 

Just now, Scotty@AW said:

No he hasn't. But I'm assuming he'll get it done after he finishes the season at the plate.

With a 6 month rehab, would it make sense to have the surgery now rather than early October?  Would like to see him hit this month but I’d also like to see him ready for spring training too...

43 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Ohtani said he won't decide on surgery until after the season is over. He said he wants all the experience he can get now.