• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

September Could Be Interesting

mulwin444

4 hours ago, 70runner said:

Since you asked, this poster comes from the basket of deplorables who cling to their guns or religion, and from those who served this country and fought for the freedom to trash the flag/anthem and the freedom to criticize those who trash the flag/anthem. 

You have the same rights to express your thoughts as the kneeling football players.  I am frustrated with the tribalism that has established itself creating an "us against them" mentality.  Civil discourse requires a level of integrity that is missing in today's society.  I think I understand why someone would interpret the act of kneeling during the national anthem as an action  trashing the flag or anthem.  Both are powerful symbols that can illicit very personal and visceral responses.  I grew up thinking that alcohol, tobacco and firearms meant a family reunion trip.  I suspect we probably have more similarities than differences, but our differences are just as important to protect as our similarities.

Now back to regular programming.

Red Sox suck.

Dipoto Sucks.

2 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I’m a veteran maybe you are too ... I disagree with you and so does this guy

EF789C1E-F74F-4836-8495-7079B5E7673A.png

Honestly I don't believe anything you say no offense you've garnered that much from this board over the course  of your many years here. But if you are thanks for the service. I am glad there are people in the military who disagree with my stance. As I am well aware not everyone thinks like I do. Also that's not the point. Just because some military members are for Kaepernick doesn't make the military members or people any less valid for being upset that he is. It is a never ending argument. Which both sides argue they are right and that the other isn't valid. 

17 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

4-3, with a split and series win

Next, in Chicago for 3 and then back home for 3 against Texas and 4 against Seattle.

It would be really nice to kick the Dipoto's in the balls that series and watch their playoff Hope's fade.

Misery loves company?

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

Does it really matter ...  this is America. These men are within their rights ... I don’t necessarily agree with it but I’m not necessarily black either.  I do respect their rights as American citizens. I also believe kneeling is a respectful way to get the point across. If they just sat I would probably feel different. 

Btw i served 6 years before you were born. I have friends who died in the line of duty in Vietnam ... not that it matters here. 

You have friends who served in Vietnam yet you have a kid who’s in little league. My father was in Vietnam. 

7 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Better to inflict the misery.

Angels have been kicked in the balls all season...to emerge not only over .500 for the season but take a rival down in the process is my brand of coffee

Ehh sure I’d like them to beat Seattle. But I’d also much rather have a higher draft selection. I’m not watching anymore anyway other than the every random highlight. Football starts tomorrow. College is already underway. Can’t wait for the off-season in Baseball and Hockey to start. 

56 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Ehh sure I’d like them to beat Seattle. But I’d also much rather have a higher draft selection. I’m not watching anymore anyway other than the every random highlight. Football starts tomorrow. College is already underway. Can’t wait for the off-season in Baseball and Hockey to start. 

We're not close to a high draft selection...if we play poorly, you're looking at picking 12th while playing over .500 nets you 15th.

They have a decent chance to be 7-3 in the next 10 games, which would put them at .500 (75-75).

And on top of it, pretty much eliminate the Dipotos from the 2nd WC race. 

After that, it will be tough to stay at .500, as they play 9 of their remaining 12 games against Houston and Oakland (6 of those on the road).  

1 hour ago, mulwin444 said:

7-3 Road Trip

Things are getting...interesting...in September 

Nothing like playing mostly bad teams.  The Angels salvation all year.

Only six more games against teams under .500 the rest of the year. Those are all against Texas, who are about to get swept in OAK.

Thirteen against teams above .500.

79-83 still seems the most likely.

16 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Nothing like playing mostly bad teams.  The Angels salvation all year.

Only six more games against teams under .500 the rest of the year. Those are all against Texas, who are about to get swept in OAK.

Thirteen against teams above .500.

79-83 still seems the most likely.

They split against HOU in their house who is on the verge of sweeping BOS in Fenway.

I believe that's a .500 record against the teams they are "supposed" to go .333 against, right?

Read the original post that started this...I made no promises.  I only said they could make it interesting viewing and they have.

Have they not?

2 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

They split against HOU in their house who is on the verge of sweeping BOS in Fenway.

I believe that's a .500 record against the teams they are "supposed" to go .333 against, right?

Read the original post that started this...I made no promises.  I only said they could make it interesting viewing and they have.

Have they not?

Oh, now you ARE willing to talk about games that werent in September? Make up your mind.

Yep, .500 against one team over four games. Kind of a small sample, doncha think? Still the same 21 games under .500 against good teams. That's an 83 game sample.

I wouldnt call being down 2-1 in the 5th being "....on the verge of sweeping BOS in Fenway."

Nothing like beating up on teams that are 20-30 games under .500 to get you excited...................still 2/3 of the September games to be played.

The most interesting thing about September has been the revelation that Ohtani will not be pitching until 2020. 

2 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Oh, now you ARE willing to talk about games that werent in September? Make up your mind.

Yep, .500 against one team over four games. Kind of a small sample, doncha think? Still the same 21 games under .500 against good teams. That's an 83 game sample.

I wouldnt call being down 2-1 in the 5th being "....on the verge of sweeping BOS in Fenway."

Nothing like beating up on teams that are 20-30 games under .500 to get you excited...................still 2/3 of the September games to be played.

The most interesting thing about September has been the revelation that Ohtani will not be pitching until 2020. 

Jesus, dude, the very first post of this thread said it all begins in Houston on Aug 30th...go back and read.  You've been mis-directing and missing the entire point of this thread just to shit-post out your frustrations on the Angels' season.  You want to Troll?  Fine...

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

someone tom GIF

I knew when you replied this quickly, there would be NO SUBSTANCE to your reply. And I was right!

Actually, it's just like the one's where you actually attempt a written answer...................NO SUBSTANCE.

But they are so rare, anyway, no one really pays attention to your pubescent replies. 

Geez, how can one person be such a LOU-ser??????

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

Jesus, dude, the very first post of this thread said it all begins in Houston on Aug 30th...go back and read.  You've been mis-directing and missing the entire point of this thread just to shit-post out your frustrations on the Angels' season.  You want to Troll?  Fine...

Why, its very easy. "SEPTEMBER could be interesting?"

3 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I knew when you replied this quickly, there would be NO SUBSTANCE to your reply. And I was right!

Actually, it's just like the one's where you actually attempt a written answer...................NO SUBSTANCE.

But they are so rare, anyway, no one really pays attention to your pubescent replies. 

Geez, how can one person be such a LOU-ser??????

image.jpeg