• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels and Yankees, trade partners?

6 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I don't see how this team can trade Skaggs. They already have to find another starter this offseason to replace Richards. Ohtani's elbow situation is still in the air. Can't go creating an even bigger hole in the rotation

They can if Arte signs some FA pitchers.  Corbin is one of some good starters available in the offseason.

I would probably pull the trigger on Sheffield for Skaggs. 

Sheffield has some control issues but he’s a legit top of the rotation prospect that should probably be up in the majors now.  I think it’s a fair trade 1 for 1. 

The Yankees should probably throw in another prospect as well, but I don’t think Andujar is a realistic demand if we’re getting Sheffield. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I don't see how this team can trade Skaggs. They already have to find another starter this offseason to replace Richards. Ohtani's elbow situation is still in the air. Can't go creating an even bigger hole in the rotation

It's not so much that they need to, but rather, it's the possibility that they could have the most valuable SP available in a trade at a time when some contending teams desperately need pitching.  If we can find a desperate buyer, then it's certainly worth considering, no?

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Now that I’m thinking about it.  Tbh, I would trade Skaggs for Andujar straight up.  I’d prefer that to Sheffield actually.  Who I also like a lot. 

If the Yankees trade for Machado (I doubt the Orioles would trade with their rivals, but hey, you never know), it's likely they intend to re-sign him at season's end, which means Andujar is probably expendable.

2 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

If the Yankees trade for Machado (I doubt the Orioles would trade with their rivals, but hey, you never know), it's likely they intend to re-sign him at season's end, which means Andujar is probably expendable.

Agree, and let’s hope they get him.  Yanks getting Machado means they’re probably out on Trout.  If we came up with Andujar as well.  Damn, great breaks for the Angels. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

We already know who is trading for Skaggs, don't we?  Think about it.  He traded for Skaggs (giving Dan Haren in return) as GM of the D-Backs.  Then he traded for Skaggs (giving Adam Eaton to the ChiSox in a three-way trade) as GM of the Angels.

Yeah, that's right, it is inevitable that our old friend Jerry Dipoto is going to trade for Skaggs a third time.  The Mariners' best prospect is currently on the DL.  Sounds like he'll fit right in.  Welcome to the Angels, Kyle Lewis.

6 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I would like to see what Ward can do in the majors before we trade for Andujar.

I would ask for Chad Green and Jonathan Holder and go from there.

Andujar would be arguably the 2nd best hitter stat wise on the team right now.  

Why would you give a shit about what Ward does if we have an opportunity to get Andujar ?

Tropeano is coming back, Canning and Suarez are both nearly major league ready.  We can afford to trade Skaggs.  We’d be getting a guy who’s proven he can hit at the major league level who plays at a position that we have no depth and who is club controlled for 5 more years.  This is a no brainer.  

The only knock on Andujar is his fielding ability.  He has a strong arm, and I think has proven himself capable at 3b.  I wouldn’t be that worried about it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Why do we think Eppler would know these prospects with the Yanks?  I know he worked there for quite a long time, but he has been here going on 3 years.  These guys would have been very early in their development at that time.  I understand the ability to make a trade because of the relationship between Eppler and Cashman, but that is about it.  

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Agree, and let’s hope they get him.  Yanks getting Machado means they’re probably out on Trout.  If we came up with Andujar as well.  Damn, great breaks for the Angels. 

Yankees out? LOL  The Yankees do whatever they want.  They are never really out on anyone.

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Yankees out? LOL  The Yankees do whatever they want.  They are never really out on anyone.

I mean this is true, but probably they’d be out. They have their own young guys to sign.  They would probably retain Stanton and Machado is going to be a 30 million dollar player.  They aren’t going to have a 250 million + payroll.  Steinbrenners kids spend,  but they aren’t George. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Andujar would be arguably the 2nd best hitter stat wise on the team right now.  

Why would you give a shit about what Ward does if we have an opportunity to get Andujar ?

Ward is flirting with a .400 batting average right now in AAA.

If we were to trade for Andujar, I would send them Ward along with Skaggs, and also get Green and Holder.  Then even out the trade.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Why do we think Eppler would know these prospects with the Yanks?  I know he worked there for quite a long time, but he has been here going on 3 years.  These guys would have been very early in their development at that time.  I understand the ability to make a trade because of the relationship between Eppler and Cashman, but that is about it.  

While he may not know the prospects as well as he did previously, I'm sure he has a strong relationship with their scouting department as well, and has probably talked to them throughout the years, even as he's been with the Angels.  Probably has helped him gain some insight into those guys beyond what most other FOs have.  

8 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Ward is flirting with a .400 batting average right now in AAA.

If we were to trade for Andujar, I would send them Ward along with Skaggs, and also get Green and Holder.  Then even out the trade.

Ward was a marginal prospect before this season.  Particularly marginal as a hitter.   Potentially not even among our top 15.  Which, considering the top to bottom depth of our farm is not great.  Particularly for a guy who’s what 24 ? I think you should re evaluate his realistic value. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ward was a marginal prospect before this season.  Particularly marginal as a hitter.   Potentially not even among our top 15.  Which, considering the top to bottom depth of our farm is not great.  Particularly for a guy who’s what 24 ? I think you should re evaluate his realistic value. 

Don't trade him then.  Audition him for 2019.

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Bro, you brought him up.  We’re talking about trading Skaggs. 

And the Angels should definitely trade Ward now while his value is probably the highest it’s ever been. 

What if he keeps getting better?  

You were just downplaying his trade value, and now you're saying there is no better time to flip him?