• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hermosillo down, Cowart up

Chuck

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Where is your hate for Hermosillo, he has been worse than Cowart?

Why do you frame everything as "hate." Many years ago, I drafted Cowart for a reserved fantasy prospect list. And he stay there and stayed there and stayed there. Did I mention the "many years ago" part? It's not "hate," it's a realistic expectation of his limitations. In the era of .199 being an acceptable level of offense, he'll linger somewhere for many years to come.

1 minute ago, eligrba4ever said:

Why do you frame everything as "hate." Many years ago, I drafted Cowart for a reserved fantasy prospect list. And he stay there and stayed there and stayed there. Did I mention the "many years ago" part? It's not "hate," it's a realistic expectation of his limitations. In the era of .199 being an acceptable level of offense, he'll linger somewhere for many years to come.

I call it the way I see it. You never miss a chance to diss him, that's all...

Hermosillo has 41 plate appearances in the majors. 41! And people are completely writing him off.

I agree he needs more time in AAA, probably the rest of the year and maybe into next, but I see him becoming--at the very least--a very good 4th outfielder, even a solid regular (although for some other team as the Angels will never have a spot for him to start unless Kole is shipped in the offseason).

Patience, people, patience.

56 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Hermosillo has 41 plate appearances in the majors. 41! And people are completely writing him off.

I agree he needs more time in AAA, probably the rest of the year and maybe into next, but I see him becoming--at the very least--a very good 4th outfielder, even a solid regular (although for some other team as the Angels will never have a spot for him to start unless Kole is shipped in the offseason).

I don’t think people are writing him off because of his 41 ABs. I for one have not been impressed with either his hitting or defense during ST and once called up. Kinda looks like a high schooler with the big boys.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

He has shown tremendous strength in the outfield this week. I wasn’t sure on the guy when he was called up. But he was starting to grow on me, other then his bat. I wouldn’t mind if he stuck around with this organization tho. Mickey Mantle didn’t tear the cover off the ball when he was first called up. He’s one guy I would like to see in September. 

Well obviously he needs more time in the minors, @Dick B Back. I just think there's a tendency to expect prospects to excel right away when most need time to adjust. Herm is raw but he's got a ton of tools to work with. Maybe he goes down until September, is called up and gets some more playing time, then has a good spring and is in contention for the 4th outfield spot in 2019. I see him eventually settling in as a .270/.350/.450 hitter with 15 HR and 30 SB. But it might take a few years to get there. He has the look of a player that doesn't hit his stride until 26-27 or so.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Well obviously he needs more time in the minors, @Dick B Back. I just think there's a tendency to expect prospects to excel right away when most need time to adjust. Herm is raw but he's got a ton of tools to work with. Maybe he goes down until September, is called up and gets some more playing time, then has a good spring and is in contention for the 4th outfield spot in 2019. I see him eventually settling in as a .270/.350/.450 hitter with 15 HR and 30 SB. But it might take a few years to get there. He has the look of a player that doesn't hit his stride until 26-27 or so.

We can agree to disagree. He looks like a 4th OF at best to me.