• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hader

57 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Ok, strike three. You can't make an argument regarding athletes natural aging process then tag every example with steroid abusers. 

There are a very few athletes in baseball that were effective in their mid or late thirties. Almost none in their fourties when you measure that number against the thousands that fell off. 

What Verlander is doing is the less than 1% of baseball players. He is in the Nolan Ryan freak of nature zone. Not the freak of test tube expirimentation. 

Yeah I guess it was just a coincidence that every Astros pitcher started pitching out of their minds once they came to Houston.

I don't believe in coincidence.

Houston either knows something everyone else doesn't, or their pitchers are doing something no one else is. 

Also, one of the most intelligent (though arrogant) pitchers in baseball, Trevor Bauer, agrees with me.

On 7/1/2018 at 9:52 AM, The Boogie Man said:

Or the game has changed Scotty.  Everyone strikes out a ton.  Everyone is more focused on launch angle than putting together a good at bat or a good approach.  He doesn’t walk guys, so he is striking guys out that are looking to launch a pitch.  

Exactly. Even the duck pitchers weve brought up as replacement are averaging a K an inning. 10 years ago or so that would be huge. These days its not a big deal.

13 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

One of the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen on AW.

BaseballReference.com is free - use it!

The highest OPS of his career came at age 37. His second highest OPS came at age 39.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice before opening your idiotic mouth.

• 3 weeks later...