• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game Day Thread 6/25/2018 Angels vs Royals - Makeup Game (Skaggs Returns)

T.G.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

13-3. Scioscia is lucky they started 13-3 or he'd be in the unemployment line already.

No he wouldn't. This is the same team that gave him a 10 year deal for no reason with no precedence for something like that and kept him around after years of mediocrity.

You honestly think they'd fire him in the last year of his deal?

This organization has proven they don't do well with tough decisions. Look at the Pujols disaster. Look at Scioscia.

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Possibly. But run prevention is a pretty important thing towards winning games and is itself undervalued.

It’s definitley important and is probably undervalued when evaluating players.  But specific to the WAR (I’m aware there are different versions of the metric) I believe that the variance in value between the average defender and elite defender is inaccurate in the way it presents.  An elite hitter is far more valuable then an average hitter.  

38 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

No he wouldn't. This is the same team that gave him a 10 year deal for no reason with no precedence for something like that and kept him around after years of mediocrity.

You honestly think they'd fire him in the last year of his deal?

This organization has proven they don't do well with tough decisions. Look at the Pujols disaster. Look at Scioscia.

If they started the year 3-13 rather than 13-3 I think its a conversation for sure. Had they started that way and continued to play they have since they would be supremely under .500 and were not talking about who to get at the deadline were talking about getting ready for next year and who to sell at the deadline.

It’s official 2018 is a dumpster fire that is burning bright and has no signs of going out soon. Trading deadline ahead and Angels can sell off some of their remaining assets to pick up some prospects that might help turn around this stumbling franchise. Why is Chris Young still on a MLB roster? What young prospective manager is out there that could breathe life into th Angels roster next season? 

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

Jay, where are you? I live in Eagle, too!  Near Buster's. The poor side of town.

I've only been here 3 weeks. Near Eagle Rd. and Floating Feather, just north of the middle school. Really nice neighborhood, at least it was until I moved in.

1 hour ago, cjcinec said:

It’s official 2018 is a dumpster fire that is burning bright and has no signs of going out soon. Trading deadline ahead and Angels can sell off some of their remaining assets to pick up some prospects that might help turn around this stumbling franchise. Why is Chris Young still on a MLB roster? What young prospective manager is out there that could breathe life into th Angels roster next season? 

I think it is time to sell and I wouldn’t mind if they brought in a new manager to begin getting acclimated with the organization. A new manager can begin the evaluation process and help Eppler make personnel decisions now instead of next spring. Transition time should start sooner than later. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I've only been here 3 weeks. Near Eagle Rd. and Floating Feather, just north of the middle school. Really nice neighborhood, at least it was until I moved in.

Yeah, I suspect that is a nicer neighborhood than mine. Dont think any houses in my neighborhood have sold for north of 300K yet. But getting close.

Well, I've only got you by about a year and a half, here.............except I live in Mexico in the winter.

Did you move here from California? I swear, it seems like 80% of the people I meet are from CA. Some recently, some five years ago, ten years ago, 20 years ago. 

I moved out of CA in 2008, directly to Mexico. Now here since late 2016, but no winters. My wife works for BLM.

For some reason, we are in the Mariners black out zone about 500 miles away), so unless a Mariners game is on national TV, we are blacked out. Yes, even on MLB.TV.

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

I think it is time to sell and I wouldn’t mind if they brought in a new manager to begin getting acclimated with the organization. A new manager can begin the evaluation process and help Eppler make personnel decisions now instead of next spring. Transition time should start sooner than later. 

Three weeks wait to begin selling makes more sense. Our chances of making the playoffs are low, but stranger things have happened.

If we are further than six or farther back of a WC, coming out of the AS break, then I say sell at that point.

And as much as the idea of getting a return THIS YEAR on trading Trout makes sense, it would alienate such a large percentage of the fan base that Arte wouldn't dare. If we are still pathetically mediocre by mid 2019, then a much larger percentage would be accepting of a trade.

1 minute ago, WeatherWonk said:

Three weeks wait to begin selling makes more sense. Our chances of making the playoffs are low, but stranger things have happened.

If we are further than six or farther back of a WC, coming out of the AS break, then I say sell at that point.

And as much as the idea of getting a return THIS YEAR on trading Trout makes sense, it would alienate such a large percentage of the fan base that Arte wouldn't dare. If we are still pathetically mediocre by mid 2019, then a much larger percentage would be accepting of a trade.

Well I think it’s time for Eppler to put a new manager in place right now. He can start the transition process early with bringing in a new voice. The new manager may analyze things differently and look to take some corrective measures right away instead of continuing to just turn the page every night. 

10 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Ever been to Tango's Empanadas in Boise? That place is awesome. I know the owners, really great people.

No, but I have heard good things about it. Not a huge fan of empanadas ............... or chimichangas, for that matter.

Might be worth it, as all I have ever had were Mexican empanadas. Tango's is Argentinian, I assume.