• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would 90 Wins & No Playoffs Make You Happy?

I think the real question is when do we realistically expect to be fielding a team with championship aspirations.  We are in a window right now.  None of us want to win X number of games and miss the playoffs.  Since Eppler brought on Simmons I’ve personally sort of targeted 2019 as an important year for us to see whether the semi rebuild was working.  I don’t know what I think right now. 

I was hopeful after we got ahold of Ohtani and Upton that maybe we were ahead of schedule.  We may be, but I don’t know.  The team is a lot weaker line up wise then I had hoped.  I hoped the Calhoun would be something like the player we’ve become accustomed to.  But he’s been terrible.  These last 2 games aside.  Cozart has also disappointed my modest expectations.  I was hopeful we could get .250 BA and like a .750 OPS minimum.  No dice. Kinsler at least this month has gotten better but he’s not a good lead off guy - I expected that though.  So we’re challenged with what appear to be a bunch of holes all over the place.  Some new ones.  So that’s pretty disappointing.   The bullpen is ofcourse not good.  So, now I’m starting to wonder if 2019 is out of the cards.  I hope not. 

85+ Wins is a good sign, but it’s still not something to be thrilled with if we aren’t making the playoffs.  Hopefully they get it together and make a push.  And most important hopefully Eppler is able to swing something that makes the major league team better over the next couple of years.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

15 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Technically that’s not true.  We play the Mariners 13 more times, 10 of those at home.  We still control our own destiny.  

I agree that it's technically not true, however with our bullpen blowing 1 or 2 games a week and needing to win 51 of our remaining games to get to 90 wins, we need help from other teams to catch Seattle. Without Seattle losing to some other teams it puts the Angels in a position of having to win most of the games we have left with them and to go at a minimum of .500 with the rest of the league. The key is, at the very minimum with Seattle playing 1 game under .500 the rest of the way the Angels have to win 51 of their remaining games to get to a 90 win tie with Seattle..imo, with the current bullpen that's not likely to happen. That's why I said we don't control our own fate..we need help from the rest of the league or forget it! 

If the Angels catch Seattle at the end of the year and make the play-offs I'm sure Lou or someone else will bump this up. lol

Hope I'm wrong Strad but I think the writing is on the wall..the Angels have already played themselves into a very bad position.