• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reds should be open for business

1 hour ago, floplag said:

i can read the stats too, never seen him play much, bottom line someones going to pay premium, weve been burned so many times im not sure i want it to be us

We've been burned mostly by druggies and signing guys past their prime. I'm not willing to just sit back and not make moves just because we have been burned in the past.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Dude is a 28-year-old second baseman with an OPS in the mid-.900s. He's worth a premium package of prospects.

Never mind. I read his contract wrong. I thought he only had a 1-year deal with the Reds on his contract. 

Yeah, I wouldn't give up a Marsh, Adell or Canning for him. 

If they would take Jose Suarez, I'd consider it. They have their top pick Nick Senzel who will be playing 2B most likely since E. Suarez is the man at 3B. 

40 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Dude is a 28-year-old second baseman with an OPS in the mid-.900s. He's worth a premium package of prospects.

over a grand total of 53 games that never did it in his career prior.   Thats not my definition of premium.
Im not knocking the guy, i just dont think he worth that, not yet.
Hes got one arb year left per Sportrac then hes going to get paid if he keep it up.
I like the guy i really do, just not at that kind of price.  Id liketo see what Fletcher or JMF can do before going down this road, its that simple   

1 minute ago, floplag said:

over a grand total of 53 games that never did it in his career prior.   Thats not my definition of premium.
Im not knocking the guy, i just dont think he worth that, not yet.

I am not advocating getting him, but how many years has he had the opportunity to start?  He is a second baseman in Cincy, and I think Brandon Phillips was the mainstay at that position until the end of 2016.  Phillips wasn't being replaced by a rookie when he was constantly hitting in the .290's and played outstanding defense.  

26 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I am not advocating getting him, but how many years has he had the opportunity to start?  He is a second baseman in Cincy, and I think Brandon Phillips was the mainstay at that position until the end of 2016.  Phillips wasn't being replaced by a rookie when he was constantly hitting in the .290's and played outstanding defense.  

Per his stats page he has played over 130 games every year since 2014 with at least 375 ABs.  I looked up his 3 year splits and per his ABs he has over 1100 as a 2B, and no more than 31 at any other spot. 
Remember he was with Mil prior to last year and only replaced Phillips after he left.   Cincy as we know is in the top 10 hitter friendly parks, we are in the bottom 5 according to ESPN though i dont think thats updated for the new configuration in right but still. 
His career averages are  289 / 329 / 456 / 785, and probably somewhere between 1-2 WAR
This is not someone i pay a ton to get, i like him, he would help, but im not over paying, just my 2 cents

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Per his stats page he has played over 130 games every year since 2014 with at least 375 ABs.  I looked up his 3 year splits and per his ABs he has over 1100 as a 2B, and no more than 31 at any other spot. 
Remember he was with Mil prior to last year and only replaced Phillips after he left.   Cincy as we know is in the top 10 hitter friendly parks, we are in the bottom 5 according to ESPN though i dont think thats updated for the new configuration in right but still. 
His career averages are  289 / 329 / 456 / 785, and probably somewhere between 1-2 WAR
This is not someone i pay a ton to get, i like him, he would help, but im not over paying, just my 2 cents

Oh that's right, I forgot he came from Milwaukee.  

Gennett has always struck out a lot, and until last year, he was absolutely atrocious vs LHP. He may have figured something out last year. His line drive pct is up, his ground ball pct is down, and even though he has an unsustainable BABIP this year, it was said to be unsustainable last year. It might be that he's reached his potential.

Yeah, there is bound to be some regression, but he's a lefty with power in a position of need. The Reds might not want much to part with him, because he's making $5.7 million this year and is sure to get a raise this offseason. Plus, they have Senzel waiting in the wings. If we could get Hughes and/or Hernandez in some type of package, it may be worth looking at. 

Eppler should at least inquire as to the cost...

16 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Gennett has always struck out a lot, and until last year, he was absolutely atrocious vs LHP. He may have figured something out last year. His line drive pct is up, his ground ball pct is down, and even though he has an unsustainable BABIP this year, it was said to be unsustainable last year. It might be that he's reached his potential.

Yeah, there is bound to be some regression, but he's a lefty with power in a position of need. The Reds might not want much to part with him, because he's making $5.7 million this year and is sure to get a raise this offseason. Plus, they have Senzel waiting in the wings. If we could get Hughes and/or Hernandez in some type of package, it may be worth looking at. 

Eppler should at least inquire as to the cost...

Figured something out... sounds familiar like maybe we got someone else from that sandbox that people here already want to drop? 
Should he ask, of course, but the minute it gets into top 10 territory, have your receptionist call your other like and make any possible excuse to get off that call.