• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team is about to catch fire.

I know we've been saying this all year but we have won 4 of the last 6. Minus 2 nights ago our pitching has been solid. The bats are awake and I don't see why we can't be back to .500 by June 1st. We're also gonna get Weaver Bourjos Burnett and Madson back very soon, and lets hope Hanson is back next start too. And if we win tonight we will have won back to back series.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be bumped a lot and it's probably not going to be bumped because the team has "caught fire".

Back to .500 by June 1st? The Angels are 15-24 and they have 16 games left in May. They would have to go 13-3 to be 28-27 on June 1st. I don't see it happening. Weaver and Bourjos won't be back until the very end of this month at the soonest. Who knows what Madson is going to be pitching like when he comes back after missing more than a year.   

I have a feeling this thread is going to be bumped a lot and it's probably not going to be bumped because the team has "caught fire".

Back to .500 by June 1st? The Angels are 15-24 and they have 16 games left in May. They would have to go 13-3 to be 28-27 on June 1st. I don't see it happening. Weaver and Bourjos won't be back until the very end of this month at the soonest. Who knows what Madson is going to be pitching like when he comes back after missing more than a year.   

We have an Enright start tomorrow and three more Blanton starts before June. That isn't good.

I don't get the sense that there's any impending *catching fire* going to take place with this team.. not really sure why anyone else would either. Three nights ago the team was blanked in Chicago (had 1 hit) and then lost by 7 to kick off a 9-game homestand. There's nothing wrong with being hopeful, but this team needs to string some wins together and/or start winning some series and I'm not sure they're there. 

Barring that, they're not even gonna come close to making up 9 games and being .500 come June 1st. 

I don't get the sense that there's any impending *catching fire* going to take place with this team.. not really sure why anyone else would either. Three nights ago the team was blanked in Chicago (had 1 hit) and then lost by 7 to kick off a 9-game homestand. There's nothing wrong with being hopeful, but this team needs to string some wins together and/or start winning some series and I'm not sure they're there.

Barring that, they're not even gonna come close to making up 9 games and being .500 come June 1st.

I agree that the OP is being hopeful however how is this thread of hope any different than the numerous threads of impending doom for the next ten years we have seen all year?

We have an Enright start tomorrow and three more Blanton starts before June. That isn't good.

Blanton needs a very short leash. If he comes out struggling again in his next start, Mike needs to send him to the far end of the bullpen immediately.

We can't afford an 0-10 Blanton before June 1st.

They will catch fire enough to prevent selling off pieces in July and end up with 85 wins. We will then lose our 2014 1st round pick signing some 30+ starting pitcher.

Use. Rinse. Wash. Repeat no playoff and bad farm system cycle.

This is why I've thought for a while now that it would be better to just tank this season, since our playoff odds are about 3% at this point.  A protected pick in 2014 would definitely be a step in the right direction.  I don't really see us "catching fire" though with this pitching staff.  Our rotation right now is Wilson-Blanton-Vargas-Enright-Williams..... a winning streak of more than 2-3 games is pretty much impossible.

The Angels finished the 2001 season by losing 19 of their final 21 games. The beginning of 2002 was no different, a record of 6-14 and 9.5 games out. Then the magic began and we won 21 of our next 24 games.

Something like that could happen again. Baseball is full of these kind of stories.