• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rays (5/17/2018)

Chuck

2 minutes ago, failos said:

He's streaky for sure, but he's still better than Marte or Valbuena. Anyways, I was just surprised when I saw his stat line 

fake edit: holy shit at that Andrelton hit

I completely agree with your edit, sorry for getting my response in too quickly ha. 

Just now, stormngt said:

Can Cron play 3b?  Valbueno and Marte both can.

How often does this need to be explained.

Trumbo played 3B during Weaver's no hitter, so I'm sure Cron could too. 

Do we use sarcasm font? I forget. 

I do agree that trading Cron still made sense. I'm mainly just frustrated because I expected Valbuena to prove 2017 was a fluke and to rebound. Yeah, no. Marte has been solid in limited playing time, though, kind of wish he'd get more run. He's played LF, try him in RF? 

lol, we're off to one of our best starts in franchise history. 

You guys act like defense has nothing to do with it, Eppler focused on creating an elite defensive team that also has a good track record of hitting. Putting stone hands Cron at 3B is clinically insane, thank god no one suggesting that has any power in the decision making process of this team.

On a positive note, I certainly hadn't given up on Skaggs going into the year, but I definitely didn't expect this kind of improvement. Really hope he keeps it up. If he does, may have to rehire Dipoto. 

OK, everything except that last sentence, let's pretend that I didn't say that ha. 

Just now, IheartLA said:

lol, we're off to one of our best starts in franchise history. 

You guys act like defense has nothing to do with it, Eppler focused on creating an elite defensive team that also has a good track record of hitting. Putting stone hands Cron at 3B is clinically insane, thank god no one suggesting that has any power in the decision making process of this team.

Who actually suggested Cron at 3B made sense, without clearly kidding? 

Just now, IheartLA said:

Is Skaggs nibbling or just wild?

Wild, as Victor just said, despite not allowing a run he wasn't happy with himself. His demeanor this year reminds me a bit of Weave, which is awesome. 

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Still think he manages to bat like .240....I hope.

What was the last 30+ year old hitter we signed that worked out? I honestly can't remember. Other teams sign guys like Kinsler and get rebound years all the damn time. Seems like we're cursed on that front.