• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rays (5/17/2018)

Chuck

6 minutes ago, failos said:

Of course this pos Cron is doing well this season.

There is literally nothing I can find on FG that suggests Cron has improved as a player this year. 

1) He's hitting more GB this year than last year - not good. 

2) He's hitting less line drives this year. 

3) He's making contact less often on pitches in the zone. 

Then why is he better, you ask? Pitchers are inexplicably throwing him more fastballs, he has an unsustainably good HR/FB rate and his BABIP is 25 points higher than his previous best. 

It's luck. He's always had hot stretches, he's had one to start the year. That's all. 

2 minutes ago, 101halo said:

There is literally nothing I can find on FG that suggests Cron has improved as a player this year. 

1) He's hitting more GB this year than last year - not good. 

2) He's hitting less line drives this year. 

3) He's making contact less often on pitches in the zone. 

Then why is he better, you ask? Pitchers are inexplicably throwing him more fastballs, he has an unsustainably good HR/FB rate and his BABIP is 25 points higher than his previous best. 

It's luck. He's always had hot stretches, he's had one to start the year. That's all. 

He's streaky for sure, but he's still better than Marte or Valbuena. Anyways, I was just surprised when I saw his stat line 

fake edit: holy shit at that Andrelton hit

Just now, failos said:

He's streaky for sure, but still.

fake edit: holy shit at that Andrelton hit

But still what? You want his mediocrity back just to have had a hot month from him that will invariably turn into an ice cold 2 months here soon? 

And in second point, Simmons would've caught that.