• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rockies (5/9/2018)

Just now, Ohtani&Trout said:

Can Rivera please be the starting catcher? Similar offensively to Maldonado, and his pitching calling is terrific. This staff's ERA is around 1.5 runs lower with him catching compared to Maldonado.

I actually think Rivera is much better offensively.  I don't like his blocking technique though.  Maldonado is better defensively IMO.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Jars is an idiot. 

That's your explanation 

Thanks, however my original question is "can anyone give me a reasonable answer to why Sosh has quick hook".  The move doesn't make sense to me.

I knew Jars was an idiot. I was just ignoring that fact

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Thanks, however my original question is "can anyone give me a reasonable answer to why Sosh has quick hook".  The move doesn't make sense to me.

He made a dumb, overthinking decision. Pretty simple IMO.

Mark68 - if you see Bedrosian warming up in the bull-pen - you need to tackle him before he enters the game.  Do whatever you need to do. Chuck will post your bail.  We'll hold you personally accountable if he goes in and messes this thing up. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Storm will not consider the option that Scioscia did anything wrong. Ever.

If you can read I am truly questioning his move.  However Sosh has a reason for his move if its correct or not.  I am curious of the reasoning.

Instead of being a smart ass give an explanation to my legitimate question.  Or ignore me.

When moves are idiotic there's no reasonable answer to give. So searching for a reasonable answer in an unreasonable situation is in fact idiotic on its own accord. Congrats

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

My guess is the team has instituted a hard pitch count for all pitchers not named Skaggs. Now we can bitch about Scioscia having a short hook in the past, but this year has been different.  Guys in the past regularly would go 100 pitches.  Only one starter in the minors has gone 7 full innings.   This is Eppler.  

Edited by SuperTroopers

If you can read I am truly questioning his move.  However Sosh has a reason for his move if its correct or not.  I am curious of the reasoning.

Instead of being a smart ass give an explanation to my legitimate question.  Or ignore me.

you are so dumb antoine dodson GIF

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

My guess is the team has instituted a hard pitch count for all pitchers not named Skaggs. Now we can bitch about Scioscia having a short book in the past, but this year has been different.  Guys in the past regularly would go 100 pitches.  Only one starter in the minors has gone 7 full innings.   This is Eppler.  

So Barria hasn't been pitching over 90 pitches in AAA?  That would make sense.

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

When moves are idiotic there's no reasonable answer to give. So searching for a reasonable answer in an unreasonable situation is in fact idiotic on its own accord. Congrats

Sure In a vacuum, but looking at the change and then the trend, it’s not that simple. 

6 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Mark68 - if you see Bedrosian warming up in the bull-pen - you need to tackle him before he enters the game.  Do whatever you need to do. Chuck will post your bail.  We'll hold you personally accountable if he goes in and messes this thing up. 

Well, it would be a significant fall...so only if he pays my medical bills too.

2 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Sure In a vacuum, but looking at the change and then the trend, it’s not that simple. 

Listen, i'm not the only one seeing the same thing over and over again. This is not unique to me. I call it out for what it is. Hindsight is 20/20 and therefore I don't focus on the outcome. Like I said, good moves can have bad results and bad moves can turn out well. Its the thought process that is mind boggling. If he's at a hard line 90 pitch count fine, but he needs to be able to "manage" that in a better way. Everyone is always talking about not taking Calhoun out because it will crush his confidence, but removing a pitcher who has now twice in the same game worked out of a jam because he's approaching a pitch limit is just plain stupid. If it really is Eppler saying get him out of there, he needs to be able to push back and say he wants to let him gain some experience and get through an inning. You and I both know he has more clout and pull in that clubhouse than letting Eppler make that call. Whats Eppler going to do if he goes over 90 pitches? That's crap and you know it.