• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I do not agree with batting Othani cleanup.

floplag

Some of you guys don’t give Ohtani enough credit.  He’s a big boy.  He was a middle of the order bat in Japan.  I think if he’s proved anything in this first month it’s that the lights aren’t too bright for him.  He’s got massive power and he seems adept at adjusting quickly.  He might be our 2nd or 3rd best hitter.  I’m fine with him anywhere 3-6. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

For the record I don’t agree much with Flop, but I agree that it’s too early to bat him there.   Seeing how it’s only a one time thing or something that happens on the occasional Albert off day, it isn’t too big of a deal.  

Why though ? Practically do we really think it makes that big a difference to Ohtani whether he’s batting 7th or 8th rather then 4th or 5th ?

21 minutes ago, Lou said:

I don't have a problem with that.

Hell, if Calhoun is going to be starting every day, let him bat 2nd for a couple of games. Maybe it'll light a fire under his ass.

If that doesn't work, bench him for Marte.

My problem here is that it potentially gives Calhoun an extra AB at the expense of Upton.  Not a good idea.  The best bats should bat higher in the line up.  It’s a tried and true theory.

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Why though ? Practically do we really think it makes that big a difference to Ohtani whether he’s batting 7th or 8th rather then 4th or 5th ?

Well I like putting a young player who’s only batting 3 days a week in a spot that doesn’t apply as much pressure.   But I have no idea if Ohtani cares.   He may be the type that would produce better if he is involved in the game as quick as possible. 

6 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Well I like putting a young player who’s only batting 3 days a week in a spot that doesn’t apply as much pressure.   But I have no idea if Ohtani cares.   He may be the type that would produce better if he is involved in the game as quick as possible. 

My thing is that Ohtani seems unaffected by the number of AB’s and the pressure.  To me it seems likely that he’s one of our better bats and as such shouldn’t be batting lower then 6th.  

Which I don’t think you disagree with. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

58 minutes ago, Lou said:

This place goes nuts when Valbuena is in the lineup. Can you imagine what it would be like if he were to be batting cleanup? 

Well, that didn't take long . . . 

9 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Why do I cringe everytime I see Valbuena in the lineup instead of Marte who has a hot bat? Is Valbuena that much better defensively at third or is it because he’s a lefty bat?

37 minutes ago, Lou said:

and? 

This is about how he doesn't like the Upton extension.  I know fan is short for fanatic, but I think for most of these signings if everyone took a wait and see approach and didn't make decisions after 20 games they might not hate the deals.