• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Please Quit Saying This Team is Talented!

I am tired of hearing how this team is under achieving and is talented enough to win the WS.  This team is not talented!

1. Schuk is below average a replacement player at best.

2. Trout is talented, but is far from the best player in baseball where he was last year.

3. Pujols WAS the best hitter in baseball, but now can't hit his weight.

4. Hamilton WAS a beast, but his body was invaded by the spirit of Jeff Mathis

5. Trumbo is above average slugger who is inconsistent.

6. Kendrick is a solid 2b, but no where near the elite.

7. Callaspo is an average player with no power playing a power hitting position

8. Ianetta can get on base but couldn't throw out my five year if he was trying to steal second.

9.  Harris is below average replacement player at best.

As for the bench?  

Conger?  Enough said

Jimenez wouldn't even be on the roster if our starters weren't so bad.

As for the rotation:

1.  Wilson is average at best.

2.  Vargas is average

3.  Hansan is average when he isn't on leave.

4. Williams is below average

5.  Blanton SUCKS!

I don't think this team is under achieving at all!

Yes, add Aybar, Weaver, Madson, Burnett, Jepson, and Bourjos we would be better, but we don't have those guys!

Even if we did, how good would we be with our 33.4 million dollar men (Pujols and Hamilton) performing like they are?

I am tired of hearing how this team is under achieving and is talented enough to win the WS.  This team is not talented!

1. Schuk is below average a replacement player at best.

2. Trout is talented, but is far from the best player in baseball where he was last year.

3. Pujols WAS the best hitter in baseball, but now can't hit his weight.

4. Hamilton WAS a beast, but his body was invaded by the spirit of Jeff Mathis

5. Trumbo is above average slugger who is inconsistent.

6. Kendrick is a solid 2b, but no where near the elite.

7. Callaspo is an average player with no power playing a power hitting position

8. Ianetta can get on base but couldn't throw out my five year if he was trying to steal second.

9.  Harris is below average replacement player at best.

As for the bench?  

Conger?  Enough said

Jimenez wouldn't even be on the roster if our starters weren't so bad.

As for the rotation:

1.  Wilson is average at best.

2.  Vargas is average

3.  Hansan is average when he isn't on leave.

4. Williams is below average

5.  Blanton SUCKS!

I don't think this team is under achieving at all!

Yes, add Aybar, Weaver, Madson, Burnett, Jepson, and Bourjos we would be better, but we don't have those guys!

Even if we did, how good would we be with our 33.4 million dollar men (Pujols and Hamilton) performing like they are?

Laughable....

Trout slumped to start the season and he's still putting up an .851 OPS and is top 5 in WAR. He's doing very good still.

Seriously.  The kid is 21 and people expect him to be the runaway MVP every year.  He has been a a top 5 AL player this season.  People are just spoiled because of his historic play in 2012.  

Pitchers have made adjustments and are throwing him more junk, and he's coming around fine.  His May numbers are elite.  Yet all we ever see is "Trout is slow now, he's just lazy and comfortable.  He doesn't have the same passion as last season." Give it a rest already.

I disagree with your talent assessments. Should I go through them one by one?

I'll start with the most glaring: Weaver is NOT average at best - that's laughable

Besides Weaver where am I wrong?  Which by the way that was a typo, I meant to put down Wilson.

Seriously.  The kid is 21 and people expect him to be the runaway MVP every year.  He has been a a top 5 AL player this season.  People are just spoiled because of his historic play in 2012.  

Pitchers have made adjustments and are throwing him more junk, and he's coming around fine.  His May numbers are elite.  Yet all we ever see is "Trout is slow now, he's just lazy and comfortable.  He doesn't have the same passion as last season." Give it a rest already.

Who the hell said that?  I just said he isn't playing like the best player in baseball like last year!

You guys all say this is laughable but not debating why? 

Outside of the typo on Weaver and Trout (who I mentioned), who on the Angels that are so talented that other teams are envious that we have?....

If you were an opposing GM, who (outside of Trout) would you make a starter for starter trade to get?

You guys all say this is laughable but not debating why? 

Outside of the typo on Weaver and Trout (who I mentioned), who on the Angels that are so talented that other teams are envious that we have?....

If you were an opposing GM, who (outside of Trout) would you make a starter for starter trade to get?

Depends on who is starting for my team at each of those positions, doesn't it?

1. Schuk is below average a replacement player at best. He's an average replacement player and he is.... a REPLACEMENT PLAYER

2. Trout is talented, but is far from the best player in baseball where he was last year. So +1 talented player - far from the best player in baseball? Not really that far but he hasn't been as good as last year - yet.

3. Pujols WAS the best hitter in baseball, but now can't hit his weight. - Pujols is injured and should sit. But, he is talented. So +2 talented players

4. Hamilton WAS a beast, but his body was invaded by the spirit of Jeff Mathis - Hamilton is a talented player who is vastly underperforming so far - he is a talented player nonetheless. So +3 talented players

5. Trumbo is above average slugger who is inconsistent. Trumbo is a talented player and a legit power bat. Inconsistent? Ya what player in baseball isn't a little inconsistent. So +4 talented players

6. Kendrick is a solid 2b, but no where near the elite. Kendrick is solid defensively and offensively.  He's above average and he is talented. So +5 talented players

7. Callaspo is an average player with no power playing a power hitting position - Callaspo is average and doesn't have a lot of power. What position he plays vs his power numbers is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. We don't need him to supply power. We need him to provide solid defense and good contact/obp. For a bottom half hitter - he's doing fine. He provides solid but not spectacular defense. Average MLB player is talented. So +6 talented players

8. Ianetta can get on base but couldn't throw out my five year if he was trying to steal second. Ianetta is a decent average catcher, nothing special who is underachieving his norms this year. Average catcher in the MLB is still talented. So +7 in talented players

9.  Harris is below average replacement player at best. Harris is an average super utility replacement player not a below average replacement player.

Bourjos is an above average CF who happens to be injured right now. +8 talented players

so, yes you are wrong. This team is talented but as has been stated elsewhere, is underachieving to this point. Your evaluation stinks.