• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The MInor League Rosters

4 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Salt Lake is going to be stacked.

1B Carter 2B Fernandez SS Fletcher 3B Cowart plus Shimpf, Houchins and Sherman Johnson.

OF will have Hermosillo, Liriano, Young Jr., Blash and Revere.

Pitching staff will have Tropeano, Bridwell, Barria, Lamb...

I think Carter is the DH, Fernandez plays all over, Cowart is called up soon, and Shrimpf plays 2nd.

Inland Empire 66ers Announce Roster

On the mound the 66ers will feature LHP Adrian Almeida, LHP Nate Bertness, RHP Griffin Canning, RHP Ryan Clark , RHP Joe Gatto , RHP Kyle Halbohn, RHP Erik Manoah , RHP Daniel Procopio, RHP Connor Riley, RHP Zac Ryan, RHP Carlos Salazar, RHP Tyler Stevens and LHP Jose Suarez. The catching corps will consist of Jack Kruger and Julian Leon .

The 66ers roster features six infielders. Roberto Baldoquin , Richard Fecteau, Jahmai Jones , Luis Rengifo, Jared Walsh and Jordan Zimmerman will all patrol the dirt at San Manuel Stadium. In the outfield a quartet of players are slated for San Bernardino: Derek Jenkins , Jonah Todd, Ryan Vega and Kevin Williams.

https://www.milb.com/66ers/news/inland-empire-66ers-announce-roster/c-270549184

BayBears announce 2018 initial roster

Roster includes seven Top 30 prospects in Angels organization

By Mobile BayBears | April 2, 2018 7:25 PM ET

MOBILE, Ala. (April 2, 2018) - The Mobile BayBears, the Double-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels, announced their initial roster for the 2018 season Monday evening.

The roster includes the following players:

Pitchers

Catchers

Infielders

Outfielders

Justin Anderson

Michael Barash

Connor Justus

Zach Gibbons

Jesus Castillo

Taylor Ward

Hutton Moyer

Brennon Lund

Cortland Cox

Wade Wass

Jose Rojas

Brendon Sanger

Samil De Los Santos

Matt Thaiss

Bo Way

Jake Jewell

Riley Unroe

Conor Lillis-White

Greg Mahle

Luis Pena

Ivan Pineyro

Jeremy Rhoades

Jose Rodriguez

Dylan Unsworth

Jonah Wesely

11 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Jonah Wesley with an aggressive bump...  I would have bet on them giving him more time in High A.

I think he's dealt with injuries for so long now that the team needs to see once and for all if he can stay healthy and pitch out of the bullpen.

Both he and Jewell being in the AA bullpen figures to be exciting. 

6 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I think he's dealt with injuries for so long now that the team needs to see once and for all if he can stay healthy and pitch out of the bullpen.

Both he and Jewell being in the AA bullpen figures to be exciting. 

Great to hear about Jones.  We don’t really have much 2B prospect depth at all.  Looking forward to seeing how he turns out there.

18 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Great to hear about Jones.  We don’t really have much 2B prospect depth at all.  Looking forward to seeing how he turns out there.

They can always move him back if it doesn’t take....

34 minutes ago, DMVol said:

They can always move him back if it doesn’t take....

Definitely.  Defensive versatility is useful.  But this is pretty cool, as Jones' bat could be ready in about 2 years, while the OF has the current core locked up for the next 3+ years.  

As has been mentioned, we're pretty weak at 2B in the minors, so this is definitely a strong move to improve our middle infield depth.  This upcoming draft, I'd say we definitely need to focus on catching and middle infielders.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Jonah Wesley with an aggressive bump...  I would have bet on them giving him more time in High A.

He should have gone to AA last year. I'm still high on him, as he got his velocity up to 92-94 last year. He has a role in our ML bullpen soon, IMHO. 

3 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

He should have gone to AA last year. I'm still high on him, as he got his velocity up to 92-94 last year. He has a role in our ML bullpen soon, IMHO. 

Stong K and BB rates -- but was extremely hittable..   So, likely a sequencing thing..   But H rates over 12 are rarely a sign of dominance...