• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lineup Choices

Hubs

We'll likely see a lot of these lineups, but which are your favorites?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. We'll likely see a lot of these lineups, but which are your favorites?

• Kinsler, Calhoun, Trout, Upton, Pujols, Valbuena, Cozart, Maldonado/Rivera, Simmons (Ohtani OFF)
    • Kinsler, Calhoun, Trout, Upton, Pujols, Ohtani, Cozart, Maldonado/Rivera, Simmons (Valbuena OFF)
    • Calhoun, Trout, Upton, Pujols, Valbuena, Cozart, Maldonado/Rivera, Cowart, Simmons (Kinsler OFF)
    • Kinsler, Calhoun, Trout, Upton, Ohtani, Cozart, Valbuena, Maldonado/Rivera, Simmons (Pujols OFF)
    • Kisler, Calhoun, Trout, Upton, Pujols, Ohtani, Valbuena, Maldonado/Rivera, Simmons (Cozart OFF)
    • Kisler, Trout, Upton, Pujols, Ohtani, Cozart, Valbuena, Maldonado/Rivera, Simmons, Young (Calhoun OFF)

None of those actually....

1. 2B Ian Kinsler 2. 3B Zach Cozart 3. CF Mike Trout 4. LF Justin Upton 5. DH Shohei Ohtani 6. 1B Albert Pujols 7. SS Andrelton Simmons 8. RF Kole Calhoun 9. C Martin Maldonado. 

- I think Kinsler's track record of success makes him the obvious choice bat leadoff. 

- Cozart's skill set and ability to get on makes him a superior candidate to Calhoun. 

- Contract aside, if I had a 38 year old hitter coming off the season Albert had, he wouldn't be in the lineup.  But he is, and I won't bat him in the top or middle of the lineup simply because he isn't good enough anymore. 

- Ohtani is left handed and hits for power, and can also run, all traits that make him a candidate to hit in front of Albert. 

- I don't trust Calhoun offensively, however, if he does start hitting lefties and shows last season was a down year, than I would slot him in front of Albert.

4 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

None of those actually....

1. 2B Ian Kinsler 2. 3B Zach Cozart 3. CF Mike Trout 4. LF Justin Upton 5. DH Shohei Ohtani 6. 1B Albert Pujols 7. SS Andrelton Simmons 8. RF Kole Calhoun 9. C Martin Maldonado. 

- I think Kinsler's track record of success makes him the obvious choice bat leadoff. 

- Cozart's skill set and ability to get on makes him a superior candidate to Calhoun. 

- Contract aside, if I had a 38 year old hitter coming off the season Albert had, he wouldn't be in the lineup.  But he is, and I won't bat him in the top or middle of the lineup simply because he isn't good enough anymore. 

- Ohtani is left handed and hits for power, and can also run, all traits that make him a candidate to hit in front of Albert. 

- I don't trust Calhoun offensively, however, if he does start hitting lefties and shows last season was a down year, than I would slot him in front of Albert.

I think Cozart could swap with Calhoun in any of my lineups. I understand your reasoning, but as a lefty, I could see Calhoun batting higher because Albert bats 5th at the lowest, and you need a lefty somewhere in the top half.

Ohtani might bat in front of Pujols, but then I see it:

Kinsler, Trout, Upton, Ohtani, Pujols, Cozart, Calhoun, Maldonado, Simmons.

I like any lineup where Trout is hitting 2nd.  For starters he will get more at-bats through the season.  Secondly, when you have the 8 or 9 hitters leading off an inning, as an opposing pitcher, you have to account for Trout as either hitting 3rd or coming on-deck.  So Trout has to hit in the 2 spot IMO.

31 minutes ago, Blarg said:

None of the poll lineups work for me. I would be more in favor of Cozart over Calhoun in the #2 slot with Kinsler leading off. 

The only issue with Cozart up at the top is that then you have at least 4 guys who are right handed consecutively, maybe as many as 7.

That isn't exactly a balanced lineup. You'd have Kinsler, Cozart, Trout, Upton -- at least, with the 8 and 9 guys likely to be Maldonado and Simmons. Even if Simmons hit 7th, then Maldonado likely hits 9th.

And Pujols will hit no lower than 5th. I know it isn't best, but he can still crank out 30 HR and 100 RBI, so he'll be in the middle.

So if he hits 5th, then you'd have the two lefties hitting 6th and 7th.