• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This Is Perfect

Blarg

Once in a while everything seems perfect and I'm enjoying a moment of that now.

On San Dimas Ave in old Town on just the other side of the train tracks is a new set of Bodegas with small shops on the bottom floors.

It's in the comfortable 70's (both temperature and feel) and I'm sitting outside of a coffee shop called Cafe Rail Side. It is a real coffee shop with real snack items like fresh muffins, not the vending machine crap that Starbucks has devolved to.

My decaf mocha was served to me in a tall mug with fresh whipped cream and the chocolate was of a more robust dark flavor so it wasn't over sweet.

The music is a collection of French club music from the 20's through early sixties, kind of their Sinatra's and Billy Holidays. It makes for a simply relaxing afternoon that isn't like the noise of my regular day.

IMG_20180216_143340.jpg

It's time to get on with my day but for a moment it was perfect.

I wake up every day in the beautiful Southern California desert sunshine and feed 6 roadrunners (one has a broken leg),  2 crows who have been around here for 5 yrs, and about 10 blue jays and quail.

Everybody should have their own zen and that is mine.

And then the world starts turning and I hang on and get going.

I used to start the weekend with a 4-5 mile walk along our bayou (yes, the same bayou that ended up in our house during Harvey) and into a bordering wilderness preserve.  About 1/2 mile along the trail the sounds of the city went away, and it was just the sound of the outdoors.  The wildlife was amazing.  Alligators, deer, turtles, the occasional feral pig, and even a bald eagle one time.  There was one particular gator that I would see regularly over the past two springs/ summers... always in the same general area.  Hope she was able to survive Harvey.

Damn, I miss that trail.

The day at work was going like crap, 1st day after a holiday weekend, kids acting up in the district I work in, etc.

If you have kids in public school in California right now, you have probably been asked to fill out a survey on how the school, district, teachers, programs, etc are doing (in your opinion).  The survey is also given to the middle school kids.  Our department is responsible for collecting the data and part of that is going through the free form comments to make sure there is nothing profane or threatening in them.  My co-worker called me over to show me some comments that a 7th grader had made.  She found the words "desert you" and looked to see what question he was answering and found these comments in the rest of the survey:

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

It made me laugh. Perfect end to the work day.