• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I Was Transferring Some Old Slides...

Blarg

My dad worked for a number of DoD aerospace contractors, and, for a short time, as a civilian Navy employee.  I know he had security clearances at each, but never volunteered that info to me -- my grandfather and uncle told me about it.

He would be gone on trips "overseas" for weeks or months at a time. 

To be fair, there's zero evidence he cheated on my mom, but I question his true whereabouts during these periods.  I really think the stories he told family and friends were nothing more than cover stories authored/arranged by his employer.  My parents have a large floor rug that my dad brought home from one of these trips.  The story told many times is that he purchased it in Pakistan and "brought it home in a suitcase".  Years ago, I took the rug and tried every possible combination to see if it would fit into the largest suitcase we had.  Not a chance.  I called him out on this when I was in high school.  From that time forward, he hasn't spoken another word about that rug, or those trips "overseas".  It's like that period of his life no longer exists.  After about a decade of no trips, he took one final trip, to Guam, or so he said.  He claimed the purpose was to "teach a class" -- something he never, ever, did here at home. 

Moral of the story if your dad was a military or aerospace guy -- the joke is probably on you if you believe his version of events. 

You know that famous promo where they say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? It's been said in the military for decades that what goes tdy stays tdy. I have many stories that I would never put in writing and change many names to protect the guilty if I told. If at this stage in life no one has come forward claiming to be your half-sibling or stepmommie you owe your dad the benefit of the doubt that even if he's not perfectly innocent at least he's not a dumbass

31 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You know that famous promo where they say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? It's been said in the military for decades that what goes tdy stays tdy. I have many stories that I would never put in writing and change many names to protect the guilty if I told. If at this stage in life no one has come forward claiming to be your half-sibling or stepmommie you owe your dad the benefit of the doubt that even if he's not perfectly innocent at least he's not a dumbass

what is tdy?

5 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Can someone refresh my memory with the asian chick?

mancini knows the story better but what i remember is that we had a thread with hot chicks and fast cars, and some guy posted pics of ellie with his ride, putting her in a bikini and posing sexily beside it. mancini found them and posted this one as a joke. it was a big hit here. at least that's how i remember it. @mancini79?

A Body Building forum started the thread. This was back before Facebook, Twitter, etc. I think only Myspace was around then. So somebody created a thread title "Got my girlfriend to pose with my car". There were about 8 photos. That quickly turned into a firestorm where other forums jumped on. People where creating hilarious MEMES and GIFS.  I give that thread all the credit for the MEMES and GIFS we see today. I think within a couple days, the thread had 1 million views and would overload their server. Then the chick's friend came across the thread and started to defend her. Then the girl herself, Ellie, to give her two cents. She tried to be a good sport that some of the GIFS even made her laugh, but many of them were pretty brutal. Shortly after the thread was gone. Not sure if Body Building pulled it because it kept overloading the server, or if was pulled on Ellie's request. Here are a few more samples:

Ellie119.jpg

Ellie.gif

I got an email from my Mom today. She took Dad into the doctor's office for some tests and came out of the office with late onset Alzheimers disease without behavioral disturbance as the diagnosis and a prescription for Donepezil. Anyway there it is, the ‘Word’ has finally been said out loud and we faced it with grace. 

PICT1497_zpssymqr9bq.gif

Dad in Paris back in 1956, he was 23.