• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moustakas or Longoria

Stradling

Who would you rather have?  I have said a few times that Moustakas won’t get the contract a lot of people expect him to get.  So, would you rather sign Moustakas or trade for Longoria.  

We all know about Moustakas, we have been linked to him and have had plenty of discussions about him.  

Longoria is owed $86 million over the next 5 years, or $89 million for the next 6 years.  I have no idea if the Rays would pay part of his contract to move him, I am guessing they would, if we gave up the right prospects.  He has averaged a 3.5 WAR the last four years.  Each of those four years he has been between a 3.2 and a 3.9, so he is extremely consistent.  The main problem is you would be paying for his decline.  He is going into his age 32 season.  

2 minutes ago, The_Outrunner said:

fairly certain Longoria's 10-5 rights kick in soon. So if something like that happened he'd have to waive his no trade clause 

He would waive his no trade clause to play here.  He went to Long Beach, he is local, and I am sure he doesn’t want to go through another rebuild if the rumors are true.  

17 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I’d rather have Donaldson or Machado. 

6 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

No to Longoria 

Wongside of thirty 

owed close to $90M over six years

last year numbers point to possible decline 

Longoria and Donaldson are the same age.  Donaldson will be more expensive than Longoria, but I agree they are both on the wrong side of 30.