• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I like our rotation

Angelsjunky

31 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Agreed

Do we really want to pay Darvish $25M per season after he turns 35 yrs old? Hell, I don’t think he’s worth $25M per season now IMO. 

If they're seriously entertaining the idea of Darvish at that price, I'd rather see them sign Arrieta. He's a much better pitcher than Darvish.

Curious about this...would signing Darvish be a small slap at Ohtani?  He wanted to come to a team, so we’ve heard, without a Japanese player.  Would Ohtani immediately feel a bit upset at the Angels for signing Darvish?  Now, I don’t think any player should have this kind of power over a team, but what are your guys thoughts on that?

21 minutes ago, Chimi said:

If we do go with a 6 man rotation, it might be enough for Darvish to take a lesser deal to come here since he’s advocating for them.  Plus it gives Ohtani more at bats.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/yu-darvish-six-man-rotation-elbow-reduce-injuries-tommy-john-surgery-072214%3famp=true

Eppler said the Angels may go with that.  Ohtani + 6-man rotation = just may be enough for Darvish to take a  discount to come here. 

6 minutes ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

Ohtani idolized Darvish. I don't see why he wouldn't love playing with him. 

If the Angels can get Darvish at 4/80 or 5/100 they should pounce. Darvish was still one of the 15 best starters in baseball last year despite his down year. And he pitched far more like himself while he was with the Dodgers.

He single handily lost the WS for the Dodgers but ok

all of this darvish talk comes from one misinterpreted tweet and one uninformed tv comment.

darvish tweeted an angel because ohtani signed with the angels, no more significance than that.

YES network saw that and just blurted out nonsense.

darvish is almost certainly not coming here. they got ohtani to bolster their SP corps, now they are going to address their infield and possibly a bullpen arm.

let darvish go, he's not coming here.