• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Southern California Firestorms

I just saw a remarkable interview with a resident on Scenic Drive in Ventura as a house just yards away burned to the ground. It took about five minutes for the home to be destroyed. Firefighters have moved on to try and save other neighborhoods.

Helicopters are dropping water but when the winds pick up it's unsafe for them to fly.

saw a couple of helicopter drops. the water was immediately in the wind and didn't come close to hitting the target. they're dropping from too high, but i imagine the winds are preventing them from going lower. that's going to prevent them from gaining control all that much more. this is pretty devastating.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

saw a couple of helicopter drops. the water was immediately in the wind and didn't come close to hitting the target. they're dropping from too high, but i imagine the winds are preventing them from going lower. that's going to prevent them from gaining control all that much more. this is pretty devastating.

Yep. When the winds are raging, the airships cant do a whole lot. Not to mention, when the fires are moving as fast as this one, the sporadic drops cant do much.

The problem with wall-to-wall coverage by the TV media is during the moments when a reporter really has nothing to report, but still has to fill air time:

Massive traffic jam on Glen Oaks Blvd as numerous small fires are being fought by about 10 firefighters right across the street in a large field. Reporter (who can hardly stand up in the howling wind) runs across the road and is trying to get people in their cars to talk to her.

Conversation: "Sir, how long have you been sitting in this traffic?"

"I don't know, a couple of hours."

"Do the fires over there (pointing to the field across the street) concern you?"

"Well...yes!"

Duh.

She then asked a fire captain in full gear to say a few words. He said he had a job to do and would get back to her, and kept walking.

Edited by fan_since79

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

The problem with wall-to-wall coverage by the TV media is during the moments when a reporter really has nothing to report, but still has to fill air time:

It drives me NUTS when it's a disaster that is more extreme/severe than anything before and some butthead reporter will ask the man on the street "have you ever seen anything like this?"

I'm  waiting for that one person to finally say "No, and neither have you, you moron!"