• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2017 World Series Thread

Blarg

Official 2017 World Series Thread  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Wins It All?

• Astros
    • Dodgers

I wonder if jumping into the bullpen holds the same Federal offense running on the field does. That being said, I hope that dumbshit had a miserable night in jail. What did he really think he was going to accomplish?

Effin doyer fans.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

The whole "yank the starter after 4 or 5 innings" trend in the postseason is idiotic. There was no reason for Hill to be pulled after 4 innings. 

Yeah I thought that was an odd move as well, when the guy is pitching well, and taking game 2 in a 7 game series is HUGE, let the guy go until he hits a snag.

2 hours ago, Junkballer said:

Not so sure Dave Roberts would use the word crucial.  Of course that is optimal but I bet he's ready to hook him and burn through his bullpen knowing that Kershaw is up next.  Going 1-2 in Houston still leaves them in a good position with the final two in LA.  Looks like Kershaw will pitch game 7 and if Verlander pitches in that game it will be on 3 days rest.

Kershaw won't pitch until Game 5, on his normal four-days' rest. He's never started an MLB game on only three days rest. It's Darvish and Wood in Games 3 and 4.

I keep thinking of that idiot sitting in jail and a guard or someone going to his cell and telling him “hey they came back and tied it in the 10th!” He was probably elated and thought it was worth it for about a half hour and then wham, Springer with the 2 run shot in the 11th. 

34 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

It's certainly possible that the balls are juiced, but it seemed to me like the balls were just carrying so well in the heat. The only HRs from last night that seemed like a HR off the bat were the ones by Altuve, Correa and Puig. Those were blistered.

The others, even Seagar's, seemed like high flies that just carried out.

Absolutely, the heat from the Santa Ana winds and the lack of humidity were the reason the ball was flying last night. 

3 hours ago, Angelsfirst said:

I keep thinking of that idiot sitting in jail and a guard or someone going to his cell and telling him “hey they came back and tied it in the 10th!” He was probably elated and thought it was worth it for about a half hour and then wham, Springer with the 2 run shot in the 11th. 

would have been even more awesome if springer's homer landed in this clowns unexpectedly vacated seat in the stands.

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

Last night Roberts used his bullpen for the win, going with his best arms and then was stuck with his bottom guys to fill out innings 10-11. The Astros were playing from behind so Hinch held back his best guys. 

The only reason it worked out for the Astros is Jansen blew the win, something he just doesn't do. The Dodgers still scored 3 runs off the best the Astros have. The Astros picked up two off of the last resort the Dodgers had for the win. I doubt we see this play out the same way again.

As for the Astros being familiar with Darvish. At Minute Maid Park his career ERA is 2.16. 

Jansen blowing the win is something he just doesn’t do just like getting 6 out saves is something he just doesn’t do. So as long as Roberts goes with him to get 2 inning saves the Astros chances of scoring on him will go way up. Roberts way overmanaged the pen last night. This whole 6 out save trend is getting out of hand, it failed for both teams last night and will keep failing if both managers keep trying it. 

8 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Somebody wise once said.................

"If it boils down to the bullpens, I like the Astros chances of scoring on the Dodger bullpen better than the Dodgers chances of scoring on the Astros bullpen. I just think the Astros have significantly better hitters..........."

So far, I'm 50% right, over two games.

Looks like this is going to be a great Series. Hope Astros can get to Darvish. But he has traditionally pitched well in Houston. At least the Astros hitters are somewhat familiar with him.

It’s funny, I came into the World Series thinking the Dodgers were going to win because they have the better bullpen.  I just couldn’t see the Astros having a chance to win a close game late.  Then I remembered they beat the Yankees with their very good bullpen.  I really don’t know what to expect. It’s fun baseball to watch for sure.

Okay so AJ Hinch is in a bar after the game, some asshole doyer fans see him and recognize him and won't leave him alone, they start some shit, he defends himself or doesn't, cops get called, TMZ stretches the story and the title to make it seem like more than it was, bing bang boom.

Just because he's in an "Altercation" doesn't make him the guilty party. I fucking hate TMZ.

1 hour ago, Corona said:

Jansen blowing the win is something he just doesn’t do just like getting 6 out saves is something he just doesn’t do. So as long as Roberts goes with him to get 2 inning saves the Astros chances of scoring on him will go way up. Roberts way overmanaged the pen last night. This whole 6 out save trend is getting out of hand, it failed for both teams last night and will keep failing if both managers keep trying it. 

Giles didn't come in for the 6 out save. They kept him in after they took the lead

7 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Giles didn't come in for the 6 out save. They kept him in after they took the lead

And then they took him out, after he didnt make it to six outs;  only five. Pretty much the same difference.

I dont understand why Giles wasnt given a blown save. He pitched the bottom of the tenth with a 2 run lead and gave that away. It was a save opportunity, at that point, wasn't it?

There's something I'm not understanding about the blown save, I guess. Was it because he was pitching for his own win?

1 minute ago, WeatherWonk said:

And then they took him out, after he didnt make it to six outs;  only five. Pretty much the same difference.

I dont understand why Giles wasnt given a blown save. He pitched the bottom of the tenth with a 2 run lead and gave that away. It was a save opportunity, at that point, wasn't it?

There's something I'm not understanding about the blown save, I guess. Was it because he was pitching for his own win?

I’m thinking it had something to do with being in line for the win.  If your starter loses the game in the ninth, he doesn’t get credited with a loss and a blown save because he was never brought in to save the game.  

9 hours ago, m0nkey said:

He was still asked to pitch 2 innings which is something he doesn’t do. He clearly didn’t have it anymore when his pitch count was approaching 30, everything was either hilariously out of the zone or a fastball served up the middle. 

4 minutes ago, Corona said:

He was still asked to pitch 2 innings which is something he doesn’t do. He clearly didn’t have it anymore when his pitch count was approaching 30, everything was either hilariously out of the zone or a fastball served up the middle. 

Seems like he rarely HAS IT. He is not the quintessential lock-down closer.

I also have little faith in Devenski or Musgrove. Harris looks pretty good. Peacock can, too. But the bullpen is the Astros achilles heel. Their hitters will have to hit enough to overcome them.

Whatever happened to Tony Sipp? Was he left off the playoff rosters? Is he injured?

19 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Kershaw won't pitch until Game 5, on his normal four-days' rest. He's never started an MLB game on only three days rest. It's Darvish and Wood in Games 3 and 4.

Actually he started on 3-days rest on 10/7/13 vs Braves in game 4 the NLDS after starting game 1 on 10/3.  You're right about him not pitching until game 5 though .  I must've misunderstood something I heard earlier about shortening their rotation to maximize his availability.