• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL talk 2017-18

Tank

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 8:39 PM, gotbeer said:

Senators tried to get Matt Duchene in three team trade

Just when you thought the waters were calm.  Someone throws a rock at Sakic's head.  Man, Doosh must be tired of all these rumors.  And while it's not known what the Lanche would have gotten, it still paints them as bumbling this trade.

The deal eventually got done and it looks like the Avs made out ok. Girard and the draft picks looks solid

• 2 weeks later...

NHL’s next expansion franchise could cost $600-700 million

Yikes.  And Monday looks to be like a big day for Seattle.  But here is the thing.  While I think the NHL could ask for the Bill Foley package to Houston.  Seattle could probably survive on lesser package like a traditional expansion team.  The plus for teams is they can protect their talent.  The minus for team owners is $600-700 million is a lot of money per team to divy up.  

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Looks like the Sedins are retiring. It's a pretty bizarre thing to get identical twins on back-to-back picks and get two 1000 point NHL players out of the deal. Now maybe one of them will crack a smile

I wonder if they would be the first twins to both be elected into a sports hall of fame?  

Man, looking back at the 1999 draft.  Talk about brutal.  Outside of the Sedins, a lot of short careers in the first round.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I wonder if they would be the first twins to both be elected into a sports hall of fame?  

Man, looking back at the 1999 draft.  Talk about brutal.  Outside of the Sedins, a lot of short careers in the first round.

Yeah it's really only the Sedins and Tim Connnolly that did anything for first rounders

What's even crazier is only other two players in that entire draft that scored over 600 points:
210th pick - Henrik Zetterberg 954 points 1079 gp
212th pick - Radim Vrbata 623 points 1056 gp

What a brutally bad draft. Props to Burke for getting both those guys. First ballot HOFs. Very classy blokes.

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

Yeah it's really only the Sedins and Tim Connnolly that did anything for first rounders

What a brutally bad draft. Props to Burke for getting both those guys. First ballot HOFs. Very classy blokes.

i dunno, wicked. i saw the sedins in public once and they were both wearing blue suits with, get this, BROWN SHOES! unbelieveable.

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The tank is in for St. Louis, four straight losses put them in big danger of missing the SCP.    Even Dallas is just 2 pts back now, after 3 straight wins.

Dallas is 3 points out of a playoff spot, and has the Kings and Ducks left as away games.  

St Louis has the better of the three teams schedule left.  They play the Blackhawks, then the showdown for all the marbles St Louis vs Lanche in Colorado.  Lanche has to get by San Jose first.  

The last game is going to be pretty epic.

The Avs are without their goalie and top D man and play anywhere from 4 to 6 rookies on a given night yet still have a shot at doubling last season’s point total. They don’t have the size to match up with the big boys or the secondary scoring if the top line gets shut down but if they win out they earn the right to be Nashville’s first victims 

41 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

I am going to be in Vegas twice in May - if they are still in it will finally get to see a Knights game. I hear the arena is just electric.

It's a good arena to watch a game.  Electric, I don't think so.  Nashville is electric.  Vegas might eventually get there, but they aren't there yet.  

Good luck in getting tickets for the playoffs though.  Regular season, the tickets were going for 3x face value when they were playing crap teams.  Can't imagine what it will be in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

It's a good arena to watch a game.  Electric, I don't think so.  Nashville is electric.  Vegas might eventually get there, but they aren't there yet.  

Good luck in getting tickets for the playoffs though.  Regular season, the tickets were going for 3x face value when they were playing crap teams.  Can't imagine what it will be in the playoffs.

Oh I'll find a way to get tickets. I went to the Mayweather / Pacquiao "Fight of the Century." ;) Got tickets an hour before the fight. 

But yeah they'll be annoyingly expensive I'm sure.

Imagine if they are playing the Ducks - f*ck that would be insane. 

As for the stadium, I've heard a lot of players say it's the most exciting venue in the league. 

3 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

Oh I'll find a way to get tickets. I went to the Mayweather / Pacquiao "Fight of the Century." ;) Got tickets an hour before the fight. 

As for the stadium, I've heard a lot of players say it's the most exciting venue in the league. 

I'm sure any Vegas hockey game exceeds the farce that Mayweather / Pacquiao became.   There were more punches thrown in a fight in the backyard of the house that I watched the fight at. 

2 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

Venue, I was in the upper deck by the goal, and the sightlines were really good.  Let's put it this way.  Upper level, the aisles were wide, and if you kicked the seat in front of you, you would kick the persons head.  

Outside of the game, the concessions were blah.  Drinks were typical.  Postgame, getting out of the stadium is a nightmare.  My rationale is, Vegas knows how to put on a show.  But they know jack about everything else but the show.  That was just my impression of the arena.  I mean, how could you have an entire upper level, and only have 2 escalators, zero stairs, and a few elevators to get everyone out?  

Good thing is pre and post game, lots of options to party.  

• 2 weeks later...

think i'm gonna pull for pitt from here on out.

will be interesting to see how far vegas advances. not sure they have enough talent to win the cup, but if they did, that would just be one incredible story, something none us have ever seen in any sport.

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Ready for Round 2. This should be the best 2 weeks of the season 

Pitt Vs Wash

sharks vs knights

winnipeg vs nashville

boston vs tb.

Except for the sharks.  Man, Ducks/Kings had the easiest path.  But they wanted to suck dick instead.  But the other series.  They are kick ass.