• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ankle Surgery

Blarg

Dammit, I forgot about post surgery constipation. Even though it was only about an hour and a half under anesthesia, the combination of that, pain killers and a lack of moving around cause the intestines to clog up.

So all through today I've been visiting the bathroom with no results. I missed the Angels rally because of cramps, along with a lot of the Rams game. 

Thisis the pain I could have averted if I remembered the misery of my last surgery and took some stool softeners the last three days. I just found a bottle of them a few hours ago but that's way late. I'm going to have to work this out the hard way.

Yeah, TMI but that's what all my medical threads are about.

Edited by Blarg

Officially one week post surgery and I'm wondering what the big deal was getting it done. I still have the splint on and it is so decptive about how the foot has no pain but I know if I put any wieght on it I'm back on the table.

So the big excitement this week is navigating a shower one legged. It wasn't difficult getting in, we even have a bench to sit on n as the water pours over you. I had the splint bagged up so it stayed dry, the only problem was getting out. I could use the bench to stand but we have no rails so it's a little dicey moving on the wet floor with only one foot grounded. What we take for granted, one step, isa mile long when you really can't take that step and have to try and make small hops. Somehow I survived.

I've been using the Bowflex in the spare bedroom to work some upper body strength. I'm not an exercise guy but I have so little else I can do I've committed to this and hopefully in 60 days it shows some results. 

Our driveway is deceptively steep and I almost dumped the Knee Rover yesterday retrieving the mail. It wasn't the ramp down that was a problem, it was trying to go sideways from the drive to the sidewalk, even a couple degrees can get out of control quick. The Knee Roller came with training wheels. I can see why. No I'm not installing them. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Officially one week post surgery and I'm wondering what the big deal was getting it done. I still have the splint on and it is so decptive about how the foot has no pain but I know if I put any wieght on it I'm back on the table.

So the big excitement this week is navigating a shower one legged. It wasn't difficult getting in, we even have a bench to sit on n as the water pours over you. I had the splint bagged up so it stayed dry, the only problem was getting out. I could use the bench to stand but we have no rails so it's a little dicey moving on the wet floor with only one foot grounded. What we take for granted, one step, isa mile long when you really can't take that step and have to try and make small hops. Somehow I survived.

I've been using the Bowflex in the spare bedroom to work some upper body strength. I'm not an exercise guy but I have so little else I can do I've committed to this and hopefully in 60 days it shows some results. 

Our driveway is deceptively steep and I almost dumped the Knee Rover yesterday retrieving the mail. It wasn't the ramp down that was a problem, it was trying to go sideways from the drive to the sidewalk, even a couple degrees can get out of control quick. The Knee Roller came with training wheels. I can see why. No I'm not installing them. 

Wait, I thought the bowflex will show results in 30 days guaranteed?  I expect you to look like this in 30 days.

bodybuilder-ripped.jpg

The follow up exam was today. I had the splint removed along with the stiches and had the boot fitted along with instructions on how to cinch it up and inflate it. 

Six more weeks of non wieght bearing before I can start physical therapy. I have barely made it through this week without losing my mind from boredom and I've got an additional 6 weeks!

Got the paperwork and drove to the DMV to pick up the temporary handicap placard. I got in line with my Rover and was pulled out of the no appointment line to the short line (handicap has it's privileges) and got a number. It was pretty quick and I present the form and it turns out they set the date incorrectly at the doctor's office and exceeded 6 months.

So I'm camped here while Carol runs back to the med center to get the document filled out again but with the correct end date. I wanted her to make the run as fast as possible and packing up the rover is just going to waste everyone's time.

This was not my best decision.

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Decision making process suddenly became worse. Just realised I was exceeding my bathroom time limit. The DMV bathroom is just what you expect it to be.

Don't tell me you went to the DMV to get your handicap plate, when you could have just gone to a full service AAA branch.

Ain't AARPing either. 

The new boot is larger, heavier, hotter to wear than the splint. This is going to suck.

Talked to my supervisor at work to explain I won't be able to drive until at the earliest late January. They have been discussing putting a rental edit suite in my house. 

I'm the last to hear of this plan but it sounds like it could work. They would have to have someone drop off media drives and I could email them a sequence file to relink back at the office with my completed work. The final watchdown and changes would have to be done by my online assist. 

It would certainly help fill these days of boredom.

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

Ain't AARPing either. 

The new boot is larger, heavier, hotter to wear than the splint. This is going to suck.

Talked to my supervisor at work to explain I won't be able to drive until at the earliest late January. They have been discussing putting a rental edit suite in my house. 

I'm the last to hear of this plan but it sounds like it could work. They would have to have someone drop off media drives and I could email them a sequence file to relink back at the office with my completed work. The final watchdown and changes would have to be done by my online assist. 

It would certainly help fill these days of boredom.

So they would have to have someone drive out to your place.  And rent out equipment so that you can do your editing.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to just say take some rideshare into work, and we will reimburse you?  

I live in San Dimas, work in Santa Monica. Drive times are ridiculous and there is no compatible ride share. It would have to be doorstop to doorstop. 

Their budget can support rental equipment and it actually eleviates a lot of liability that way. It also won't interfere with Physical Therapy when that time comes around.

We've discussed having a system at home for a while and I'd just commute in the days for watchdowns and changes. Now it looks like we get to do that for a few months on a trial basis. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I live in San Dimas, work in Santa Monica. Drive times are ridiculous and there is no compatible ride share. It would have to be doorstop to doorstop. 

Their budget can support rental equipment and it actually eleviates a lot of liability that way. It also won't interfere with Physical Therapy when that time comes around.

We've discussed having a system at home for a while and I'd just commute in the days for watchdowns and changes. Now it looks like we get to do that for a few months on a trial basis. 

bill_ted.jpg?quality=100&w=650&h=400

san dimas high school football rules!

I got a little to comfortable using the knee Rover today. Went out back and reset the pool timer, picked up a few things and then decided I needed to know the watering sequence so when our two dogs decide to bark at the fence I can flip on the sprinkler to get them to stop.

So I'm kind of cockeyed on the rover, leaning over to adjust the Rainbird timer and it tips on the soft soil and I planted my right foot to prevent from crashing down. I definitely felt it today, from the base of the tendon and all the way up the calf it really gave me a clear understanding of why you don't put any wieght on it. 

That was the end of my time outside and I went right to the pain meds that were completely ignored for over a week. Off to the couch and the foot raised to prevent swelling.

I still have a little residual throbbing on the base of the heel six hours later. I don't think I did any damage but damn it scared me that I might have screwed it up.

Edited by Blarg

I got a call from California SDI this morning. The form submitted was missing my last day  worked so they were holding up everything. I cleared that up over the phone and then I find out two things. 

One is my doctor put down I was going to be done by November 9th and I don't even start Physical Therapy until the third week of November, I'm not supposed to put any weight on it until then. So I have to renew the damn claim and fill out paperwork again when it expires.

The other is BofA that handles all money transactions from SDI issued me a card two years ago for my last claim and for some reason they expected me to hang on to the card for three years. So now I have to file for a new card on Monday.

I have received emails from SDI saying I have important information that needs attention through my SDI online account. I cannot log in because they did another software change that requires logging in and updating all your profile information but my password is not recognized. So I tried to get a password reset and no email is sent for the temp log on. I tried calling SDI through their help line and after 10 minutes of pressing 1, then 1, then 2, then 4, then zero for a human I get an automated response that the maximum amount of callers are already waiting, hang up and call again.