• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ankle Surgery

Blarg

• 2 weeks later...

Never met Becky in person because she was in production and only in the field. There are almost as many women as men on the production side and I don't ever remember her title. I think she was only a production assistant with a glorified title which means she would be schlepping coffee and meals while being assigned to JoJo. She did not come with a resume that earned a producer title. 

In production a lot of people will be called in to meetings if they need to informed them of changes in the production schedule. So her involvement wasn't  anything special. Its a long road of seven day a week work schedules and lots of travel along with group meals and group sleeping arrangements. Oft times lower level members are invited to join with senior producers as a get to know you during the grind and to see who is holding up.

Yes, that upper level of producers are pretty tight knit and have been together over ten years on the road, they have no secrets from each other. A person new to that is like a fresh recruit joining a seasoned recon unit. It's going to take a while to both to prove you belong and fit in without screwing up.

If you are of some strict Christian upbringing the entertainment industry is not your niche. As the article explained, she bounced around a few PA jobs after and then decided to go home and pout because it wasn't some fairytale LaLaLand production. 

She was also a contract worker, like almost everyone else at the company which means every show is a new hire. I've filled out enough start paperwork over the last 13 years to fill a room and will be doing the same thing, twice in fact to start the new season of The Bachelor. There is no guarantee of future employment outside of the show you currently work on. Once production wraps those that are not part of the post process are released. She was afforded an explanation for not getting called back but it wasn't required. 

Do I think she was harrased? I will answer it this way, she was not prepared for the industry she chose to be involved in and did not adapt. Her "me too" is not going anywhere, nobody will be reprimanded, no way she receives any compensation. I hope she finds another career that meets her expectations.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Never met Becky in person because she was in production and only in the field. There are almost as many women as men on the production side and I don't ever remember her title. I think she was only a production assistant with a glorified title which means she would be schlepping coffee and meals while being assigned to JoJo. She did not come with a resume that earned a producer title. 

In production a lot of people will be called in to meetings if they need to informed them of changes in the production schedule. So her involvement wasn't  anything special. Its a long road of seven day a week work schedules and lots of travel along with group meals and group sleeping arrangements. Oft times lower level members are invited to join with senior producers as a get to know you during the grind and to see who is holding up.

Yes, that upper level of producers are pretty tight knit and have been together over ten years on the road, they have no secrets from each other. A person new to that is like a fresh recruit joining a seasoned recon unit. It's going to take a while to both to prove you belong and fit in without screwing up.

If you are of some strict Christian upbringing the entertainment industry is not your niche. As the article explained, she bounced around a few PA jobs after and then decided to go home and pout because it wasn't some fairytale LaLaLand production. 

She was also a contract worker, like almost everyone else at the company which means every show is a new hire. I've filled out enough start paperwork over the last 13 years to fill a room and will be doing the same thing, twice in fact to start the new season of The Bachelor. There is no guarantee of future employment outside of the show you currently work on. Once production wraps those that are not part of the post process are released. She was afforded an explanation for not getting called back but it wasn't required. 

Do I think she was harrased? I will answer it this way, she was not prepared for the industry she chose to be involved in and did not adapt. Her "me too" is not going anywhere, nobody will be reprimanded, no way she receives any compensation. I hope she finds another career that meets her expectations.

I love this place for posts like this.  We have so many people from different backgrounds, that give us a little look behind the curtain. Thanks for sharing Eric. 

29 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It was her choice to enter this field of work. I could go on about how production is not an office environment but you still wouldn't get it and I wouldn't expect you to. 

None of those are excuses for sexual harassment or assault.

• 4 weeks later...

I had my follow-up visit with my surgeons assistant last Tuesday. For some reason he is away on a personal emergency so I get the nurse practitioner, which is just fine since all I really needed was paperwork for physical therapy and an extension for disability that will close out this week.

The reason for that is my employer had an edit suite installed in my house so I can work from home. That should only be through December if physical therapy runs it's course without a setback.

My first day of PT is next Thursday but I've been doing some exercises the last couple weeks in preparation. It's been 8 weeks from surgery and I felt like I was progressing fast enough it was time. So I started putting very light pressure on the foot and gradually increasing the load each day. I also used stretch bands to work the ankle.

After the follow-up I started putting wieght on the foot in the boot and tried walking. Surprisingly I found I could do a Frankenstein shuffle and the only pain has been the bottom of my heel. Today I started walking in my regular shoes and it was more comfortable but much more difficult without the side support. But it felt hella good to get out of that boot. 

I was also cleared to sleep without the boot on. I was tempted a couple weeks ago to do that but I got the finger wag from my wife and the reminder I really didn't want to extend this by doing something stupid. She's right, as usual.