• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unpopular Trout Opinion

m0nkey

9 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Ha, so they are wasting his greatness. A lot of people say that the Angels are wasting Trout's greatness and I see them as being "right". It should not come down to Trout needing to have to play like a beast like every single time for the Angels to have a chance but it feels like it. Team just isn't good right now. Mediocre at best.

This is where I will turn and disagree.  Trout would not be wasting his greatness if he was great in September.  Yes this is a team sport and part of the teams failures does lie on the fact that Trout has not been Trout in the month of September.

If Trout wants to play baseball in October give us just an average Trout month.  I have no emphathy on the fact he hasn't had a chance to shine in the playoffs.  He is partly to blame on that one.

18 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Its clear he's a loser who can't cut it in September.  I see multiple threads about it.  Let him go somewhere else.  Angels fans deserve better than this guy who is "shitty" in September and October.

It's just fan frustration. You're feeling it, too. Just accept it, and keep moving forward.

I am frustrated with the Angels organization, as a whole. I dont like Arte as an owner, though I think Eppler is one of the few steps in the right direction.

Even beyond the team, I am so frustrated with his choices  of the Angels broadcast teams on radio and TV. They are incredibly boring. It seems like a minor point, but they are the conduit to your listening/viewing experience. I almost never tune them in. I choose the opponents feed.

It's becoming very trying, since I have been following the Angels since the 60s. But I'm not going to let it color my enthusiasm for Trout.

1 minute ago, nate said:

I really think he has some sort of core muscle/back injury.  If you watch him he is opening up and coming off the ball with his swing.

That's possible and coupled with the pressure to make something happen while not getting much to swing at, this is not a good combination. He definitely does not look in command of his at bats like he did earlier in the season. The Angels don't have any more time to give him rest if there is a problem so he's going to have to play through this stretch.

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

People don't hate Trout.  Even with injury, he's had a great season.  

He's just picking a shit time to slump.  Is it coincidence or are there other things at play?  

regardless, it sucks.  

This 100%.  Every player slumps.  It just sucks it is happening in September.

32 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

If I was married to a super model, and she farted a lot during sex, I'd look at the overall picture, and thank the heavens for what I have.

that is the problem with some people.  I am not bad mouthing Trouts overall performance.  I am frustrated with his September performance.  Especially since this over achieving team has a chance for the playoffs and Trout is not coming through.

Let's put it with your analogy.

If you were married to a supermodel and she farted a lot during sex you would be happy with the overall picture.  How would you feel if you was having sex with you and right before your climax she made you stop only to jack off alone later! 

54 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

There's a good chance we might back into the 2nd WC spot, as the other teams still in contention are also playing badly right now.

1 1/2 games back, we're still very much in this. But it would really help if we could win one of these Cleveland games. We also might have to win 3 of 4 next week in Chicago, then take care of Seattle at the Big A. Not over till it's over!

I have a feeling Trout is going to break out very soon and help us in a big way.

They need to win these next two games, because winning two games in Houston may be very difficult.  

11 minutes ago, stormngt said:

that is the problem with some people.  I am not bad mouthing Trouts overall performance.  I am frustrated with his September performance.  Especially since this over achieving team has a chance for the playoffs and Trout is not coming through.

Let's put it with your analogy.

If you were married to a supermodel and she farted a lot during sex you would be happy with the overall picture.  How would you feel if you was having sex with you and right before your climax she made you stop only to jack off alone later! 

To further your supermodel analogy - your supermodel is almost doing something willingly, out of defiance (a baseball anology would be hitting a ball off the 360 sign, and standing at the plate, and only getting a single out of it).

My super model is trying her hardest, which I assume Trout is, and some not-so-positive results are happening (farting during sex, no power from Trout).

Based on the overall package I get from my supermodel, I'm not complaining.  I've been with some dogs (ie, I've seen who we've had in CF between Erstad and Trout).

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

he hasn't hit a ton of balls very hard from what I've seen.  There have been a ton of pitches he normally crushes that he's fouled off or popped up.  

Jeff FletcherVerified account @JeffFletcherOCR 13h13 hours ago

Mike Trout's one-hopper that ended the 8th was hit 110 mph. #Angels down 3-2 in the 9th.

Mike Trout can't do it alone and the Angels can't do it without him.

I don't want to look back on his career years from now and talk about his statistical prowess.  I want to look back and talk about his heroics in the stretch to get into the post season and his performance in the post season. I want actual memories and not a page of impressive sabermetic based stats.

He's human. We all understand that. Even still - we expect great things.  He's a once-in-a-generation player.  This is the time he has to shine, step up and do what needs to be done.  We are right to expect this - everything he's done to this point, allows us to have those expectations.  I won't apologize for it.

3 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I don't want to look back on his career years from now and talk about his statistical prowess.  I want to look back and talk about his heroics in the stretch to get into the post season and his performance in the post season. I want actual memories and not a page of impressive sabermetic based stats.

He's human. We all understand that. Even still - we expect great things.  He's a once-in-a-generation player.  This is the time he has to shine, step up and do what needs to be done.  We are right to expect this - everything he's done to this point, lends us to have those expectations.  I won't apologize for it.

I love this post... it's all about the memories. And I think we all want Mike to be our saviour. We'd rather have him be Mr. October than Mr. April. I want Mike Trout to be looked at in the same way as Madison Baum, David Ortiz, Kirby Puckett, and Reggie Jackson are to their respective franchises. 

22 minutes ago, Zardawg16 said:

I love this post... it's all about the memories. And I think we all want Mike to be our saviour. We'd rather have him be Mr. October than Mr. April. I want Mike Trout to be looked at in the same way as Madison Baum, David Ortiz, Kirby Puckett, and Reggie Jackson are to their respective franchises. 

or even an Adam Kennedy memory would be nice. Someone posted Vlad's Sep 2004 stats in one of the threads and that is what I'm looking for, MVP type production when it matters most.

Still love Trout, don't get me wrong but phack!

57 minutes ago, True Grich said:

He's human. We all understand that. Even still - we expect great things.  He's a once-in-a-generation player.  This is the time he has to shine, step up and do what needs to be done.  We are right to expect this - everything he's done to this point, allows us to have those expectations.  I won't apologize for it.

Tipsy Elves yes ski agree this GIF

6 hours ago, yk9001 said:

To further your supermodel analogy - your supermodel is almost doing something willingly, out of defiance (a baseball anology would be hitting a ball off the 360 sign, and standing at the plate, and only getting a single out of it).

My super model is trying her hardest, which I assume Trout is, and some not-so-positive results are happening (farting during sex, no power from Trout).

Based on the overall package I get from my supermodel, I'm not complaining.  I've been with some dogs (ie, I've seen who we've had in CF between Erstad and Trout).

I figured my analogy wasnt very good.

Lets put it this way.  Forget the supermodel analogy.  I am married tp a beautiful and intellegent women.  I often say i over achieved in finding a winderful person to share my life.  

Now i am grateful that she is my wife.  However she does drive me nuts at times and frequently i may become frustrated her at times.  I  pretty sure if you were married to the supermodel ypu wpuld have the same feelings.

6 hours ago, yk9001 said:

That is the problem with your argument.  You can appreciate what someone brings long term and still get frustrated with short term shortcomings.  

I dont think anyone but a troll wouldnt say they appreciate what Trout does for the team.  But hell he isnt above having frustration when he isnt himself  during the most important part of the season.

Go ahead and bitch about Trout, but label it as "frustration", not bitching, if that makes you feel better.

Five years, five 1st or 2nd finishes in the MVP voting, with another top five voting this year to come - six years of excellence.  And he's a home grown product, who really came out of nowhere.  He's earned a pass from me.

17 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Go ahead and bitch about Trout, but label it as "frustration", not bitching, if that makes you feel better.

Five years, five 1st or 2nd finishes in the MVP voting, with another top five voting this year to come - six years of excellence.  And he's a home grown product, who really came out of nowhere.  He's earned a pass from me.

Your an idiot if you don't understand my logic.  I never said Trout sucks....i never said we should trade him.  Hell I never said he isn't clutch.

All i said is we need Trout to play like Trout.   Hell i know he is slumping.  However if we don't make the playoffs his slump would have a lot do with it....just like his performance the first five months us the primary reason why we currently have a chance.

BTW TROUT SHOULD NOT BE IMMUNE FROM CRITICISM.   NO ONE IS.