• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What A Shame

Docwaukee

Schedule just didn't work out in the Halos favor. Twins always had the advantage there and that was gonna be tough to overcome. 9 of your final 19 games being against the 2 best teams in the AL is brutal. Oh well

Angels did more this season than I expected anyway, especially once the injuries to the rotation happened again. Prior to the year, I thought the team could contend for a WC spot assuming all 3 of Richards/Skaggs/Shoemaker stayed healthy all season long. Once that scenario imploded, as well as Trout missing 39 games, I didn't see any hope for this team to do anything other than simply stink. Pretty surprising season to see them still somehow playing meaningful games this late after all of that

Big offseason coming up for Eppler and this FO. 2018 was always the most reasonable year to start thinking playoffs/legit expectations for this club. Pretty clear they need to address pitching with how unreliable the starters are health and performance wise.

9 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Win or lose it's been very entertaining this season 

For me, 2017 will most likely be a "what could have been" season.  If this team could have had a more healthy starting rotation, they would have been a much better team.  A full season of Richards, Heaney and Skaggs would have been huge for the Angels.  Throw in a healthy Trop, Shoe, Meyer and no Nolasco, this team could have been damn good.

They really need to take at least 9 of the 10 games with Tejas, ChiSox, and M's, to have any kind of chance.

Can't see them faring any better than 2-4 against Indians/Astros.

Even then, the Twins would need to only go 9-7 to win the 2nd WC.    Playing the toothless Tiggers (are they still in MLB?) 7 times makes that almost a foregone conclusion.

22 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

For me, 2017 will most likely be a "what could have been" season.  If this team could have had a more healthy starting rotation, they would have been a much better team.  A full season of Richards, Heaney and Skaggs would have been huge for the Angels.  Throw in a healthy Trop, Shoe, Meyer and no Nolasco, this team could have been damn good.

2012 still takes the cake for me as the "What could have been" season. Such a stacked team that underperformed like mad.

2018 will be our year, i'm pretty confident in that.

Min has their own tough stretch next week with series vs NY and these same Astros.    It isnt over yet, but my optimism took a gut punch tonight thats for sure.  
Im encouraged by the fact that the starting pitching these last few games has been right there though, rock solid, the offense has just been stymied.  Verlander is expected, but last night.. man not getting some in the first killed us. 

43 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Yeah, 2018 should be the first season in a while where it's not unreasonable to have playoff expectations for this team

Without some significant roster moves, I would not get my hopes too high for 2018.

They do not have a 2b signed, a LF that can opt out, 1b and 3b are streaky at best, RF has regressed, and as we have seen you never know what can happen to pitcher's arms.

I hope that they make roster moves that take the Team to the playoffs next year, but I wouldn't suppose that based on the current roster.

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

Yeah, 2018 should be the first season in a while where it's not unreasonable to have playoff expectations for this team

It is all about health for the starting pitchers.  The Angels have the pitchers, they just need to stay healthy for a season.  I wouldn't mind seeing them get one SP and a couple RP.  I'd like Upton to stay with the team.  I'd even take Phillips at 2B on a one or two year deal.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

He can blame himself for his shitty (relative) performance

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

He may also have his sights on his impending wedding this winter and the honeymoon thereafter..

1 hour ago, well_red said:

I love Trout but he's had more than a few opportunities and didn't come through

He's pretty much carried this team both on and off the field for quite some time. There are plenty of veteran players on this team that woulda, coulda, shoulda, stepped it up while Trout is scuffling.

Trout gets on base 45.5% of the time and is hitting .327 / .565 / .618 / 1.183 with RISP this season.

I'm not so sure he's amused with the help he's getting. I hope Eppler can make some huge changes this offseason. I'm sure Trout does too.