• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Long Until This is the Bullpen?

It sure looks good on paper, but I think we've learned that looking good on paper is worth less than a Spring Training win, which is worthless. 

- Frieri's gotta start throwing strikes. 

- Madson has to somehow come back 100% and not have any rust.

- Burnett and Jepsen need to stay healthy and consistent.

- Downs has to learn how to get righties out again.

- Richards has to keep the ball down and off the middle of the plate. 

It's a lot to ask for. 

I think the pen will start taking shape here real shortly. Madson is going to be a bit rusty once he returns. He has missed over a full season and some struggles are to be expected unfortunately. Kohn on the othe hand has been pretty consistent and impressive. Once these guys are back and settled in, their roles will be better defined and should lead to more consintency.

The key turn around for me is the fact the starting pitchers are throwing a little deeper into games and we're not taxing the bullpen as bad as the begining of the season.