• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jered Weaver Retires

ettin

Again thank you for everything you did for our team, Jered! You are among the greatest to every play Angels baseball and I, for one, will remember you fondly and with a simultaneous smile and glare on my face! :D

Go Angels forever!

Edited by ettin

One of my greatest joys as an Angels fan has been watching Jered Weaver pitch over the years.  I was there when he made his major league debut.  There when he threw his no-hitter and for countless other games where he battled and competed like a champion - even though he would never have the honor of being a WS champion.  I was there at his press conference when he signed his extension.  I only wish I would have been able to see his last game as a Padre.  Easily my favorite Angels pitcher of all time - just above Chuck Finley. I always wore his name on my back whenever I went to a game where he was on the mound.  I have mad respect for the man and I loved the way he carried himself.  He was a master and really knew how to pitch, actually PITCH and his artistry was beautiful to watch.  I will miss Jered Weaver, but I am so thankful for the many great memories.

10 minutes ago, True Grich said:

One of my greatest joys as an Angels fan has been watching Jered Weaver pitch over the years.  I was there when he made his major league debut.  There when he threw his no-hitter and for countless other games where he battled and competed like a champion - even though he would never have the honor of being a WS champion.  I was there at his press conference when he signed his extension.  I only wish I would have been able to see his last game as a Padre.  Easily my favorite Angels pitcher of all time - just above Chuck Finley. I always wore his name on my back whenever I went to a game where he was on the mound.  I have mad respect for the man and I loved the way he carried himself.  He was a master and really knew how to pitch, actually PITCH and his artistry was beautiful to watch.  I will miss Jered Weaver, but I am so thankful for the many great memories.

This right here was Weaver's expertise as a pitcher. His ability to mix pitches with pinpoint command and control in his prime was why he was so successful and why hitters like Miguel Cabrera hated to be in the box against him.

One of my very favorite Angels pitchers. The guy was all heart and left everything on the mound every time he pitched. If only more players had his intensity. This thread alone demonstrates how much respect he had around here, even on this often fickal and unforgiving message board.

Like somebody  mentioned, just the fact that he took less money to stay here shows what a stand up guy he is. A true gamer. I'll definitely miss watching him pitch at Angel stadium. Enjoy your retirement and thank you Jered.