• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is this the new norm for Trout?

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

You have to wonder what Trout's numbers would look like playing in Milwaukee with a 118 park factor as opposed to Anaheim at 86. 

Thankfully wRC+ and other advanced metrics, even simple old OPS+, account for park factors.

But Baseball Reference has a handy--and quite masturbatory--tool called "Neutralized Batting Stats" that let's you figure such things out.

For example, this year Trout his hitting .339/.459/.700 right now. If you put him in Milwaukee, his numbers go up to .353/.474/.732; if you put him in Washington with Harper, .362/.484/.751. What about the 2000 Rockies, which is the highest scoring run context in major league history? .407/.532/.844. That's like peak Ruth or Bonds. That's how good Trout has hit this year.

18 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Thankfully wRC+ and other advanced metrics, even simple old OPS+, account for park factors.

But Baseball Reference has a handy--and quite masturbatory--tool called "Neutralized Batting Stats" that let's you figure such things out.

For example, this year Trout his hitting .339/.459/.700 right now. If you put him in Milwaukee, his numbers go up to .353/.474/.732; if you put him in Washington with Harper, .362/.484/.751. What about the 2000 Rockies, which is the highest scoring run context in major league history? .407/.532/.844. That's like peak Ruth or Bonds. That's how good Trout has hit this year.

282.gif

20 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I want us all to take a moment and reflect upon what a batting average of .407 and an ops of 1.376 would look like. Damn.

Trout has 21 HRs and 49 rbis in 64 games.   64 games!

i'm guessing that no Halos player has ever matched that over 64 games.   Baylor did rbis wise but not HRs wise in 1979.

That compact swing is something to relish.    No wonder he doesn't go into significant slumps (knock on wood).   There's not a lot of holes in that swing.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

That's Ted Williams circa 1953.

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Yea, through age 24. I understand what his numbers are and I know he's not as good as Trout, but no one is. And I'd say that anyone who is on pace to become a Hall of Fame baseball player is not just a good player, but a superstar. Harper is just that.

His eye test looks better than his numbers on paper. I have no doubt he will be a HOF and will get a huge payday in another year and a half. You mentioned WAR, some people don't like the Stat, but since you brought it up. Harper's bWAR is 4.2 so far this year 13th best. Altuve is leading everyone at 6.2, Simmons is 5.6, and Trout after missing 2 months is 4.5.

I think I may have led you believe that I don't appreciate Harper's talent. Absolutely untrue he hits the ball a mile, and has a great arm. He plays hard every game giving it 100% at all times. That being said if someone living in a cave for the last 5 years or so had to judge him based solely on what you see at Baseball Reference then...

20 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

What would Trout's numbers look like in Minute Maid Park where Altuve plays.

337/.457.700 if he play for the Astros and not the Angels. Trout's slash line this year is .339/.459/.700.  You can't tell me that a bandbox like Minute Maid is an harder park to hit than Angels Stadium. Baseball Reference is so stupid at times and this is one of those times.

4 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

337/.457.700 if he play for the Astros and not the Angels. Trout's slash line this year is .339/.459/.700.  You can't tell me that a bandbox like Minute Maid is an harder park to hit than Angels Stadium. Baseball Reference is so stupid at times and this is one of those times.

What would his line be if he didn't have his presumably massive cock and balls between his legs, weighing him down and messing with his movement on his swing?

3 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

No I wasn't telling you anything of the kind, I wanted to know what Trout's slash line might be adjusted for him playing in the bandbox that is Minute Maid Park. The post I was responding to gave the numbers for a couple of other parks, so I asked him about Minute Maid is all.

When I said "you", I was referring to Baseball Reference.

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Here's the tool, for those wanting to know specific years: https://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/neutralized-stats.cgi?t=b&id=troutmi01

As for the fact that Minute Maid is the exact same as his output in Anaheim, I believe the park factor at Anaheim is way up this year. Not sure why.

I think it could be because Trout is playing so well at Angels Stadium so the park factor is screwed. Or maybe the Angels pitchers give up so many gopher balls at home that the park factor is all inflated.

1 minute ago, JustATroutFan said:

I think it could be because Trout is playing so well at Angels Stadium so the park factor is screwed. Or maybe the Angels pitchers give up so many gopher balls at home that the park factor is all inflated.

This doesn't sound like a crazy theory.

15 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Here's the tool, for those wanting to know specific years: https://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/neutralized-stats.cgi?t=b&id=troutmi01

As for the fact that Minute Maid is the exact same as his output in Anaheim, I believe the park factor at Anaheim is way up this year. Not sure why.

Nolasco.

Seriously. One of the reasons i stopped putting as much stock into park factor is that so much of it depends on whos playing there.

If say pedro started everyday for the sox at his peak, it wouldnt mean fenway was tough to hit in.

The dodgers were the first team with 4 guys hitting 30 home runs. We were the first to have 5 guys hit 25. Both parks are tougher to hit in than fenway.