• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday: 7/27 Angels @ Cleveland

3 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

There is no official  moment when you give up hope for the playoffs and start concentrating solely on 2018, but if such a moment did exist, I believe it is this moment.

The nutswinggers usually plug in the Excuse-o-Matic machine in late August even though they were reminded everyday since May so it's still a little early for them.

10 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

There is no official  moment when you give up hope for the playoffs and start concentrating solely on 2018, but if such a moment did exist, I believe it is this moment.

You just know that they will sweep the Blue Jays and be just 2 games under .500  by the trading deadline and in the WC hunt.

8 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

You just know that they will sweep the Blue Jays and be just 2 games under .500  by the trading deadline and in the WC hunt.

A split is realistic. but with Nolasco and Chavez likely starting 40% of the remaining games. I will now enjoy each remaining game one at a time instead of a  possible steppingstone to the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Cleveland only walked some 3.5 times per game before Tuesday.   In this series, TWENTY times!

What is THAT???????

0-14, Ghost Pujols....What is THAT???????   Retire the moment you reach 3000 hits!!!!!!! 

Magic number might as well be 2018!!!!!!!

He is actually 0 for his last 16.  No hit in that 3-4 game in his last at bat, then he has gone 0-6, 0-5, and 0-4.  Nearing a season low batting average if you throw out those first few weeks.  For all the love Scioscia gets for his long time here and the job he did with a talentless team, he shows no balls when he should move Pujols somewhere else.  For those who say who to put there, Simmons seems like a logical option for now.  Hitting well, some power (at least at Pujols level now).

Simmons hitting .300 with decent power (OPS some 130 pts better than Pujols) and Pujols hitting .234, yet Pujols hitting before Simmons.

As the Jim Healy Show would play it...

"The flag is up!"

Sometimes I wonder if Sosh is a fanboy deep down.   Sounds preposterous, but why then has Pujols hit 3rd and 4th all season in spite of the suckage?   How many MLB managers managing this team would have done the same thing?

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Simmons hitting .300 with decent power (OPS some 130 pts better than Pujols) and Pujols hitting .234, yet Pujols hitting before Simmons.

"The flag is up!"

Sometimes I wonder if Sosh is a fanboy deep down.   Sounds preposterous, but why then has Pujols hit 3rd and 4th all season in spite of the suckage?   How many MLB managers managing this team would have done the same thing?

That won't change AO and it will eventually cost us Trout for not fixing it. Their refusal to hurt Albert's feelings is killing this organization.

31 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Cleveland only walked some 3.5 times per game before Tuesday.   In this series, TWENTY times!

What is THAT???????

0-15, Ghost Pujols....What is THAT???????   Retire the moment you reach 3000 hits!!!!!!! 

Magic number might as well be 2018!!!!!!!

At the rate of decline he will need an extension to reach 3,000 hits. 

37 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

"The flag is up!"

Because MS is living in the past. He thinks that just because Pujols is still playing that he is the same player that he was during his great years as a Cardinal. 

59 minutes ago, thebloob said:

He is actually 0 for his last 16.  No hit in that 3-4 game in his last at bat, then he has gone 0-6, 0-5, and 0-4.  Nearing a season low batting average if you throw out those first few weeks.  For all the love Scioscia gets for his long time here and the job he did with a talentless team, he shows no balls when he should move Pujols somewhere else.  For those who say who to put there, Simmons seems like a logical option for now.  Hitting well, some power (at least at Pujols level now).

He has been in a steady decline since June 1st. That day was his high point for BA (.254) and May 30th for OPS (.717).

It's been downhill every since. Since HR #605, he's 4-for-25, and that includes a 3-4 game on July 22nd.

2 hours ago, CALZONE said:

The nutswinggers usually plug in the Excuse-o-Matic machine in late August even though they were reminded everyday since May so it's still a little early for them.

Meanwhile, you've been wallowing in misery since the season started. Victory! 

3 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

My family has had season tickets since 1967, I gave them up this year. I refused to support an owner like Arte. I was paying over $27,000.00 for 4 tickets. 

I still attend quite a few games but I get it. The product on the field is atrocious. A team with that kind of budget should be ashamed.