• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

MyPillow and other gimmicky stuff

I was at Frys, saw a pillow for $50 and said - why not. Buying pillows at an electronics store + paying $50 for a pillow.... sounds good so far

its basically the same as every other non-memory foam pillow, whatever 

Also "HD vision" glasses for sale at 711 (this time only $20).  Like most ladies in my life, they were lucky I was drunk at the time.  It is more like "yellow vision and nothing more".

Is there some other stuff out there like this?  I'll buy anything 

Anything you see on infomercials is the cheapest and most overpriced products on the market. For the past decade, selling on TV is the worst way to sell direct because of its expense and ROI low returns. Companies who sell via TV, need to mark-up margins and cut quality. 

See on TV = don't buy.

Haha, after lots of neck soreness/ weird headaches, i tried a few different pillows.  Even the buckwheat ones.  Costco had a mypillow event a while back, so i grabbed the 2 pack.  I actually like it, maybe a huge coincidence, but neck has been good.

I picked up new pillows yesterday - had never heard of mypillow but saw it as I was walking out and remembered you mentioning it here.

The display one was pretty jacked up. So hard to gauge the quality but it looked pretty terrible.

For the record - my go to is wamsutta dream zone down pillow. I pick up a pair about once a year, they are awesome. 

I bought this attached key ring thing for the back of my cell phone, it's probably the best purchase I made all year.  It makes holding a cell phone much easier, keeps me from dropping it and it serves as a stand if needed

I'm gonnoa buy a ton of them as promotional products and hand them out to customers 

IMG_2419.JPG

6 hours ago, mrwicked said:

I picked up new pillows yesterday - had never heard of mypillow but saw it as I was walking out and remembered you mentioning it here.

The display one was pretty jacked up. So hard to gauge the quality but it looked pretty terrible.

For the record - my go to is wamsutta dream zone down pillow. I pick up a pair about once a year, they are awesome. 

I looked those up on Amazon and they cost $116 each? I'll stick with my $10 pillows from Target.

17 hours ago, Taylor said:

I looked those up on Amazon and they cost $116 each? I'll stick with my $10 pillows from Target.

30 cents a day is a worthwhile price to pay for something where you spend literally a third of your life.

never scrimp on certain things in life: bedding, computer monitors, shoes, skin care products, watches, suits, booze, coffee...... umm.. booze.

On 7/30/2017 at 11:34 AM, mrwicked said:

I'll keep this in mind. just picked up four new ones and new bedding in this price range.....probably should have looked around a bit more, but was anxious to get new everything.

7 hours ago, mrwicked said:

30 cents a day is a worthwhile price to pay for something where you spend literally a third of your life.

never scrimp on certain things in life: bedding, computer monitors, shoes, skin care products, watches, suits, booze, coffee...... umm.. booze.

That whole one third of your life thing is why I spent so much on my recliner

On 7/29/2017 at 5:04 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

QVC was hawking MyPillow this morning, even had on the guy who runs the company.

Best pillow I have ever used is bamboo. Seems to hold its shape and firmness better than anything else.

Bought a few of those recently. Like them a lot, super firm.

They had some $200 or so pillows when inwas buying my new mattress. 200 for a pillow is insane...but they were insane, too. Ill probably end up buuing one someday.

• 2 weeks later...