• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

tv streamers

16 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

A VPN stands for Virtual Private Network, and it is usually used to secure your real IP from people who want to try and see your IP by providing a fake IP.  

Basically you are routing your internet through another server to mask  your IP/location.

Downside is most free VPNs are slow so you can't get HD video so you have to pay for a high bandwidth one.

On 8/1/2017 at 0:01 AM, mancini79 said:

I made the jump 3 weeks ago and cut the cord. Very happy with the results. Here is my breakdown:
- Bought a Fire TV. I had a Roku stick, but noticed a huge improvement in performance going to a Fire TV. I hard-wired the Fire TV from my router into my TV.
- Signed up with Playstation Vue. $45/mth gets most of the channels I want and MLBTV with DVR included.
- Downloaded Kodi, Hulu and Netflix onto FireTV

For the first 2 weeks everything was blazing fast. Very little buffering and the PS Vue felt much like a wired cable box. But the last few days I noticed my connection getting A LOT slower. I have Spectrum Internet and they claim they do not "throttle". So after waiting a couple days just to see if the speed would go back to normal (which it did not), I subscribed to a VPN (IP Vanish). The very second I turned on the VPN, my internet speed shot back up. The problem is that Hulu will not allow me to play videos behind a VPN. So I may have to ditch Hulu. If people move to VPN's to avoid being throttled, this could really hurt Hulu in the long run.

As of now I don't see myself ever going back to traditional cable. I encourage people to cut the cord and see what streaming option works best for them.

All in all, I'm saving about $80/mth

Why do you pay to get channels when you have Kodi? 

Another recommendation for those with AFTV - add Terrarium. I'm finding myself using it more than Kodi these days.  

B, have you added Kodi yet?

On 7/4/2017 at 8:18 AM, gotbeer said:

Netflix?  Between Netflix and Amazon Prime, it really covers all the bases for me.  Haven't even seen the need to do Kodi yet.

If you were using Kodi, you wouldn't see the need to pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime (for streaming purposes)

Personally, I like saving money 

31 minutes ago, Lou said:

Another recommendation for those with AFTV - add Terrarium. I'm finding myself using it more than Kodi these days.  

Naw. The Firestick came in a while back and I just started watching videos on it, but think I'd rather pay someone to jailbreak it. Co-worker was talking about his buddy that also charges for some kind of sports pack thing where he plugs in the password and can literally stream all live sports, PPV's, etc.

The Roku Premier literally just came in two days ago. Haven't looked at what to do there yet. I wanted to return it, but looking around it seems there is plenty of application for it, too.

I really just need someone to set it up and tell me what to do or get to not have to worry about issues down the line like stream speed, clarity, etc.

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Naw. The Firestick came in a while back and I just started watching videos on it, but think I'd rather pay someone to jailbreak it. Co-worker was talking about his buddy that also charges for some kind of sports pack thing where he plugs in the password and can literally stream all live sports, PPV's, etc.

The Roku Premier literally just came in two days ago. Haven't looked at what to do there yet. I wanted to return it, but looking around it seems there is plenty of application for it, too.

I really just need someone to set it up and tell me what to do or get to not have to worry about issues down the line like stream speed, clarity, etc.

Downloading Kodi onto FS is very simple. When I get a chance I'll send u some info. 

Edited by Lou

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Also, since it's a streaming device, the possibility of having some issues down the line will always be there. Nobody you pay to do it can prevent that

yeah, technology is always changing.

I guess what I mean is the chick that showed me hers had it dialed in. when I have been bouncing around some people have had issues with things like clarity and speed. not sure what she did different, but when I was messing with it the thing literally worked and looked like a normal tv app. 

if you are getting bad clarity/speed you need to check your internet connection. one of the most expensive thing you can do on the internet is stream video. that's lots of bits, so you need a fast connection. also wire it up, don't use wireless. i have enterprise grade wireless at home and i still wire up anything that doesn't move just to be sure you get best connection.

On 8/3/2017 at 6:27 PM, Lou said:

Kodi takes too long if I just want to turn on the tv and casually watch. The live feed is just about as fast as the cable box. I tried Terrarium but their server was down. I will try tomorrow if I get any luck.

On August 4, 2017 at 9:14 PM, mancini79 said:

Kodi takes too long if I just want to turn on the tv and casually watch. The live feed is just about as fast as the cable box. I tried Terrarium but their server was down. I will try tomorrow if I get any luck.

Strange. I've been using Terrarium a lot lately and have never run into that problem. In fact, I'm using it now.  Fast connection, great HD picture and no buffering. 

Like wicked said, however, if you're going wireless it's imperative that you have a fast connection.  (also, learned that there's now a way to hook up the FS thru wired connection) 

Edited by Lou

On August 3, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Lou said:

If you find kodi buffering more and more, delete cache files and packages. (Also thumbnails) Then restart Lodi (thumbnails will begin to regenerate).

Oh, and free VPNs are Espinosa 

Great post. You are a wonderful human being.

(forgot to add that you should be cleaning video library constantly)

On 8/6/2017 at 0:20 AM, Lou said:

Strange. I've been using Terrarium a lot lately and have never run into that problem. In fact, I'm using it now.  Fast connection, great HD picture and no buffering. 

Like wicked said, however, if you're going wireless it's imperative that you have a fast connection.  (also, learned that there's now a way to hook up the FS thru wired connection) 

Finally got Terrarium installed. For some reason the first 2 methods I found online couldn't find the server. But found a 3rd option which worked. I like how the feeds pretty much connect every time. What I hate are the adds! There is always an add banner at the bottom and every time I leave a show, an add pops up covering my screen. Now having 2 options for shows, I'm getting rid of Hulu (plus I'm still having trouble getting around the VPN block).

18 hours ago, mancini79 said:

Finally got Terrarium installed. For some reason the first 2 methods I found online couldn't find the server. But found a 3rd option which worked. I like how the feeds pretty much connect every time. What I hate are the adds! There is always an add banner at the bottom and every time I leave a show, an add pops up covering my screen. Now having 2 options for shows, I'm getting rid of Hulu (plus I'm still having trouble getting around the VPN block).

Strange. I've never seen an ad at the bottom. 

What are you trying to watch that is getting blocked? 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

@Brandon   forgot about giving the quick way to add Kodi. 

Just add Fire DL to your AFS. (Search for it from Home Page)

open it and where it asks you for the URL enter: 600003 

then download it. Once it downloads, open it and 

DONE 

word. I'll do it this weekend.

want to have it dialed in and probably keep direct now or get vue because I like to stream early games at work.

On 8/8/2017 at 5:02 PM, Lou said:

@Brandon   forgot about giving the quick way to add Kodi. 

Just add Fire DL to your AFS. (Search for it from Home Page)

open it and where it asks you for the URL enter: 600003 

then download it. Once it downloads, open it and 

DONE 

So got it installed.  Now what?  What add on do I need to watch movies and tv shows?

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So got it installed.  Now what?  What add on do I need to watch movies and tv shows?

You will need to download the video Add Ons. The popular one for moves/tv shows was Exodus. You need to download the Repository which would contain the Exodus Add On. But it looks like new Exodus installs have been discontinued. But looks like there is a replacement. Follow the link below. I haven't tried it since I already have Exodus. But I may need to go this route since Exodus will no longer have updates.

http://troypoint.com/how-to-install-exodus-on-kodi/

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

@Lou and @mancini79  That did the trick.  Thanks.

Popular add ons include: 

Elysium, Exodus, Genesis Reborn, Stream All The Sources (SALTS), Bob, Covenant, UK Turks Playlists.

If you want a simple way to install add ons, add Ares Wizard first. From there it's only one click to add each one. 

(Or add FireDL to AFS and I can give you a code to use that makes it simple)