• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Special Elections

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Since you think the GOP is going to "shit the bed" on healthcare, that actually gives me hope that they will come up with a good plan. Politically though, as long as they don't make any stupid promises like:

"If you like your healthcare plan, you will be able to keep your healthcare plan"

- or -

"If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor"

- or -

“We’re going to lower your premiums by up to $2500 per family per year.”

- or -

“No family making less than $250,000 a year will see their taxes increase.”

- or -

“I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits, now or in the future.”

- or -

“I will sign a universal healthcare bill into law…that covers every American.”

they should be ok.

It's going to be a disaster

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/21/prominent-statistician-declared-math-is-dead-if-handel-won-georgia/

Prominent Statistician Declared ‘Math Is Dead’ If Handel Won Georgia

Polling aggregation website founder Nate Silver was so confident that Republican challenger Karen Handel would lose the Georgia special election Tuesday evening that he declared the death of math if she won.

The prominent statistician gave Democratic candidate Jon Ossoff a 70 percent chance of winning, leaving a 30 percent chance that Handel would claim the office. Handel handily won the race with 51.9 percent, and Ossoff trailed with 48.1 percent.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

I posted a map in another thread, the alternative is actually true...a lot of Trump voters in very red districts are going to get hammered, more so than blue districts 

If that is true then the dems could take the congress.  We will see.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/21/prominent-statistician-declared-math-is-dead-if-handel-won-georgia/

Prominent Statistician Declared ‘Math Is Dead’ If Handel Won Georgia

Polling aggregation website founder Nate Silver was so confident that Republican challenger Karen Handel would lose the Georgia special election Tuesday evening that he declared the death of math if she won.

The prominent statistician gave Democratic candidate Jon Ossoff a 70 percent chance of winning, leaving a 30 percent chance that Handel would claim the office. Handel handily won the race with 51.9 percent, and Ossoff trailed with 48.1 percent.

lol

That guy is such a douche.

Senator Chris Murphy knows why Ossoff lost. Russia. More precisely, his own party's obsession with Russia.

“Democrats have to be hyperfocused on an economic message that tells people that the Republican Party is all about economic growth for millionaires and billionaires and the Democratic Party is about economic growth for everybody,” Murphy (D-Conn.) told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Tuesday. “The fact that we have spent so much time talking about Russia, you know, has been a distraction from what should be the clear contrast between Democrats and the Trump agenda, which is on economics.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/21/georgia-special-election-2017-democrats-lose-239798

21 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Where are the Truman and Kennedy Democrats? Kennedy would be considered a conservative by today's party standards. What's the message of today's Democrat party? It doesn't seem to be resonating except in a few places like California, New York, and New England.

They changed

On 6/21/2017 at 10:06 AM, Jay said:

Since you think the GOP is going to "shit the bed" on healthcare, that actually gives me hope that they will come up with a good plan.

I have zero hope. They had the entire Obama Administration to be developing their own alternative, and all that I have seen so far is to price everyone out of health care who may cost the insurance companies money. To show how clueless the Trump Administration is, they have spokespeople saying that it's just a matter of going out and getting a job. Presumably, this would be from the same businesses that are purposely limiting employee hours so that they don't have to provide benefits. This is the only country in the world that ties health insurance to employment, and it is a broken system. I guess that, by their logic, I am supposed to drop dead at my desk and never retire.

I am closing in on retirement age, and the damage that Trump does to health care, Social Security and pretty much everything else raises the very real possibility that I will have to retire somewhere other than the United States. I won't have ten or 15 years to wait for the damage to be undone. If I am priced out of health care as my age advances, I won't have a choice.