• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/its-july-1-and-that-means-bobby-bonilla-is-getting-paid-by-the-mets-today/

WTF were the Mets thinking?   $5.9 million due Bonilla in 2001 becomes nearly $1.2 million/year from 2011-2035? 

don't know the timing of everything, but wasn't madoff's fund "returning" 10%+ at that time?  anyway, bonilla was smart, insisting on 8% of the principal per year until he was paid in full, 35 years later, as if he had put into a great investment himself.

34 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

'hey Albert, how do you feel about stealing Arte's Moreno's money?'

'Piss off guy'

'Wow.  You're a jerk.'

I highly doubt Claude would have the balls to confront someone like Albert.  As far as meeting him and saying he's a jerk, um ok.

1 hour ago, well_red said:

don't know the timing of everything, but wasn't madoff's fund "returning" 10%+ at that time?  anyway, bonilla was smart, insisting on 8% of the principal per year until he was paid in full, 35 years later, as if he had put into a great investment himself.

I seriously don't get how people think this was dumb for the Mets.  They borrowed almost 6 million bucks basically unsecured, at 8%, with zero payments due for years and years and years.  The no payments due period is a HUGE detail.

Bonilla could have invested that money into something secured, like real estate development, and yielded double the return.

Please, anyone, if you want Bonilla's deal contact me.  Ill give you 9% instead of 8%, no problem.

I'll build a mini storage warehouse or an industrial park or a wedding venue. . .. and collect rents for years and years and years and build equity in the property and then pay you back with future cash flow and i will end up owning a multi million dollar cash flowing property risking none of my own money.

The key to making this deal sweet for the borrower is the fact that no payments were due for a long long time. That kind of loan can be very risky to the investor and they typically want much more than 8% in that structure.

The Mets got 6 million at 8% with no payments due for 11 years!!!

11 years!  Look up private construction loans where people needs millions to build properties and cannot start a payment stream back to the investor for years.  Look it up.

12% rates AND 10% equity.  Bonilla got 8% and no equity.

I'm not saying an 8% return isn't nice security for Bonilla.  But it was also a very nice deal for the Mets who were in a hard money cash crunch situation.

Once you include a term for an extended no payment period like 10 or 11 years, 8% is cheap money.

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I seriously don't get how people think this was dumb for the Mets.  They borrowed almost 6 million bucks basically unsecured, at 8%, with zero payments due for years and years and years.  The no payments due period is a HUGE detail.

Bonilla could have invested that money into something secured, like real estate development, and yielded double the return.

Please, anyone, if you want Bonilla's deal contact me.  Ill give you 9% instead of 8%, no problem.

I'll build a mini storage warehouse or an industrial park or a wedding venue. . .. and collect rents for years and years and years and build equity in the property and then pay you back with future cash flow and i will end up owning a multi million dollar cash flowing property risking none of my own money.

The key to making this deal sweet for the borrower is the fact that no payments were due for a long long time. That kind of loan can be very risky to the investor and they typically want much more than 8% in that structure.

The Mets got 6 million at 8% with no payments due for 11 years!!!

11 years!  Look up private construction loans where people needs millions to build properties and cannot start a payment stream back to the investor for years.  Look it up.

12% rates AND 10% equity.  Bonilla got 8% and no equity.

I'm not saying an 8% return isn't nice security for Bonilla.  But it was also a very nice deal for the Mets who were in a hard money cash crunch situation.

Once you include a term for an extended no payment period like 10 or 11 years, 8% is cheap money.

Is that a real offer?   I'm ready to invest with you for guaranteed 9% interest for 35 years.  

Bonilla's money had zero risk.  Literally zero.  

You said it yourself that most of those cap loans with deferred payments are high risk to the investor so they get a higher rate of return and probably some equity.  

If a major league baseball team wanted to borrow money from me at 8% interest deferred for 11 years while the interest was accruing, I would be all over it.  

If a group of docs got together and decided to buy a piece of land and build an outpatient medical facility and they gave me a chance to buy in where I would end up with 10% equity in the building with repay at 12% deferred for 5 years, I would certainly consider it but that's not a completely risk averse proposition.  

The other thing to keep in mind is that Bobby had already made $45+ mil in his career to that point.  So I reckon that the 5+ he deferred wasn't exactly every dollar he had to his name at that point.  Maybe he already had other chunks of money invested in higher risk higher reward deals.  

It's not as one sided as the media has made it out to be, but it was a damn good deal for him and one the mets never would have considered if they weren't 'making' tons money with madoff.  

23 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I gotta say, this has got to be the most unbelievably boring topic to ever get discussed on this forum.

Can we go back to shitting on Pujols?

As much as we'd like to his previous 5 games he hit .316/.350/.474/.824.