• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Escobar on the DL

5 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Why don't they just trade Cowart and give the kid a chance to play ML baseball. 

He has zero trade value right now. He'd be the type of guy traded for a DFA'ed arm, and Angels have enough guys of that caliber for now. 

1 hour ago, failos said:

#FREECOWART

You guys are in a real hurry to see this kid again.  Why not Eric Young Jr. (hitting .351), or Carlos Perez (hitting .339)?  Both are about .035 points ahead of Cowart on batting average.  I think we will see Cowart when the coaches think he is ready, not because his stats look good at Salt Lake right now.

58 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Not easy to make that decision when Cowart's career batting average in the majors is only .176 in 139 plate appearances. I know it's a small sample size but they will take that into account. So far, Cowart has been a big time underachiever in the majors.

He's started like 10 games in a row then was basically a rookie getting sporadic playing time.  He's had no real chance to get into a groove.  One thing that basically never slumps is defense and Cowart is a plus third baseman. 

If they are going to keep Marte up, I wouldn't mind seeing him get the lions share of ab's at 3b with Valbuena sliding over to 2b for Espinosa.  I know it will never happen for defensive reasons, but it would be interesting.  

I also like Calhoun being moved down, but not sure who I'd bat in front of Trout right now.  Probably Revere leading off with Trout 2nd.  Then Pu, Valbuena, Kole, Cron, Simmons, Maldonado and Espinosa.  

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

With Valbuena playing 3B and Cron with his improved defense at 1B, that is the best defensive infield we have had in years. Tomorrow with the same infield and Trout back in CF we will have one solid defensive team. Now, as for the offense...

Scioscia mentioned Pennington at 3b so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see more of him at 3b than Marte, with Valbuena getting the most AB's....that could mean we'll see more of Espinosa at 2b....In a perfect world, I think they'd trade Escobar for a modest return and play Valbuena at 3b and Cron at 1b....just my guess....