• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

$400 million for Bryce Harper? 'Don't sell me short,' he says

Chuck

41 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Anyone else notice Bryce Harpers walk off home run tonight. His ears must of been burning.

Anyone else notice Harper shoo away Ramos as he rounded 3B and headed home? The guy just can't help himself from acting like a total asshole. 

Edit: 23 second mark

Edited by Lawrence

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

I swear you posted this as you drank some obscure IPA and while eating shit your wife bought from the farmers market.  And you got foam in your moustache.

This is pretty funny considering I drank an Elysian Brewery Immortal IPA this evening.

Everybody's defensive knee jerk reaction on Harper is he isn't as good as Trout.

The reality is there are only a few free agents where a team honestly believes the best years may be to come rather than behind.

Harper doesn't have to be anywhere close to Trout to command a ridiculous contract.  He is a "star" that draws an audience and he might be the best bet among all players to pop 60 homers a year in his age 28-32 years.

Somebody is going to pay him big even if he only continues to tease.

What does Jayson Hayward make again?

46 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Lot of shit talking on Bryce in here. Don't really get it. He's made some mistakes, but big deal. He's not committing felonies. No, he's not as good as Trout but who cares? Guy is 24 years old and is already such a good player. He's fun to watch.

Bottom line is as a fan I would be beyond stoked for the Angels to have Harper.

And for the most part, 95% OF the time, I really don't care how much money players make.

19 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

@tdawg87, I think what we can say with some degree of certainty is that Harper, at his best, is as good as Trout, maybe even a tad better - at least with the bat. But as you rightly point out, we don't know if he'll be as consistent - he certainly hasn't been so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see him oscillate a bit more.

I'm thinking a 5-10 year ban is worth considering, Chuck.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Bottom line is as a fan I would be beyond stoked for the Angels to have Harper.

And for the most part, 95% OF the time, I really don't care how much money players make.

I truly believe our enjoyment of major league baseball would increase if we had no idea the financial side of the game.  

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I truly believe our enjoyment of major league baseball would increase if we had no idea the financial side of the game.  

Agreed.  I don't "need" to know what they get paid.  I don't mind knowing and certainly it is interesting, but most people generally don't know and generally don't care what other entertainers make.