• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Apr 20th Angels vs Astros

Right, I would be thrilled with a split on this series. The way I see it, this team does very well as long as all of the following are true: players preform how they are supposed to defensively (very likely); Trout continues to be all around a god who has graced baseball with his presence (very likely); bullpen continues to preform in the neighborhood of what its been doing (likely); Trout, Pujols, Cron, and Marte combine to form 3 players with power potential per game (somewhat likely); overall, injuries are kept to a manageable amount (lets say...50/50 here); the back two of the rotation don't fall off a cliff (somewhat likely); and richards, shoe, and skaggs live up to their potential (at BEST 50/50). Every team has the injury issue (except maybe the cubs, who could probably have the entire team on the DL and have enough replacement players to still contend), so the big thing I'm worried about is the top of our rotation. That falls apart, the rest of this doesn't matter much, and we spend the season trying to stay at .500. So, with Richards out, the top of that rotation is looking very shaky. But, if he comes back and is back to his old self (read: angels medical staff isn't just lying to us, and this is actually just a cramp that he will work though), then we are in pretty good shape. If we can keep our heads above water while we have a hole in our "essential formula", then we are in a good place when the formula comes together. If the formula never comes together, it doesn't really matter what we do now, because we're gonna lose no matter what.

All that is to say, lets kick ass today, try to hold an even record through tough teams, and give ourselves the opportunity to start mashing if everything comes together.

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I agree, it's time for Marte and Cron to perform to force Mike's hand.  

Strad, if Marte and Cron were both hitting .325 Sosh would still plant Pujols right behind Trout  becuzzzzzzzz "HE BRINGS A PRESENCE TO THE LINEUP"! (whatever that means)

Sosh won't budge on that issue.